My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - A Ray of Happiness

Dex-chan lover
When Yuni mother meets Fuuko I can see it going two ways:
  • Fuuko: your daughter calls me momy too
  • Yuni: mom, this is Fuuko, she's my mommy
As for what Fuuko means, I think she means more or less literally, she wants to take care and spoil Yuni with pure undiluted love, because now she understands there's more to love than the lust they have for each other.

Nanase can't give what Yuni really needs, she can just go eat a volleyball :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain what she means by mama? I’m so confused right now 😭
@aiyuri @priconne Remember how Yuni's actual mom told her to find a lover that loves her more than even themselves? A mama is supposed to love her child unconditionally and put their child's wellbeing above herself, so basically it confirms that Fuuko is this ideal lover for Yuni - she is saying that she is willing to always put Yuni's happiness before her own and literally live and die for Yuni.

In any case, ngl the line cracked me up

It's like the spread of chapter 16: a poetic illustration of the state of the relationships. It's not actually happening.

I still have hope we will see some crossing of lines between Yuki and Nanase. We need more messiness not less of it :LOL: I hope next chapter will jump to Nanase meeting up with Yuki after she got ditched, let's go!

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if bringing babyplay up on a date is a wise move but I guess it got her a kiss…

Yuni should stop pretending and just beak up with her hot tomboy crush, she couldn’t be less interested.

Dex-chan lover
There is absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, that could have prepared me for that 😂 And I've been literally waiting for a development that made either Yuni and Nanase or Yuni and Fuuko incompatible moving forward. I did not expect the mommy thing to be it, it seemed like college was gonna split Yuni and Nanase but now it seems like Fuuko's "twisted" perspective on love is going to kick her out of the running for a romantic ending, or extend her growth arc because I refuse to believe we're headed towards "they get together at the end, and there's diapers involved" 😭

I don't have any endgame ships or anything, I just really like seeing where the story is headed. But aiya 💀

Fed-Kun's army
Uhhh?? I hope this doesn't mean that Fuuko will be Yuni's sugar mommy while Yuni makes excuses as to why having a sugar mommy/meeting up with Fuuko is okay while STILL going out with Nanase. Then this whole thing becomes a poly 3 way relationship like the author's previous work "Luminous Blue" turned out........... PLEASE NO DONT DO THAT TO ME anyways finally got to see Fuuko reunite with Yuni so BIG W common Fuuko W

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain what she means by mama? I’m so confused right now 😭
It means she wants a toxic codependent relationship, because she is unable to process emotionally how to have a healthy one.

This is all setup by her description of her feelings seeing that baby.

And of course Yuni is also not emotionally secure enough to have a healthy relationship either, hence she gives in here.

In summary, :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Remember how Yuni's actual mom told her to find a lover that loves her more than even themselves? A mama is supposed to love her child unconditionally and put their child's wellbeing above herself, so basically it confirms that Fuuko is this ideal lover for Yuni - she is saying that she is willing to always put Yuni's happiness before her own and literally live and die for Yuni.
Yeah, that's definitely what I am thinking it's meant to mean and represent. That the societal idealized conception of motherly love (not necessarily the reality of actual parental and child relationships) is love where one has dedicated the whole of their being to the other. Which for an emotionally needy person like Yuni, fits perfectly like a glove (which to be clear, isn't me saying that it is healthy, but rather it still ultimately works for Fuuko and Yuni's in their own twisted messed up way).

Definitely expecting (and hoping) Nanase and Yuki end up hooking up eventually. Though I am curious if it will occur before Yuni and Nanase finally break-up (and the series will end up doing some double-cheating which is arguably an appropriate just deserts for Yuni) or if Yuni and Nanase will finally break-up relatively soon and Nanase and Yuki will hook after that?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@Theozilla exactly, essentially Fuuko and Yuni seem to be messed up in the perfect way to be a codependent couple, not healthy, but maybe just functional enough to be able to find happiness in their way? In the best possible outcome for them so to speak

I've been rooting for there being some double-cheating since Yuki took Nanase to that amusement park (Tokyo Disneyland?) 😆 but we will see. The two page color spread could be foreshadowing for that happening. And also even if Nanase and Yuni are already over by any sane measure (apart from actually breaking up, you know) it might help Yuni to be a better person to understand how it feels to be cheated on just a little bit. Even if her feelings for Fuuko are clearly stronger than her feelings for Nanase at this point, right? Maybe she wouldn't been as hurt as Nanase was, but it would at least slap some self reflection into her I imagine. 😂

We shall see, now for the wait for the next chapter....

(Ultimately I want all 4 of these girls to be as happy as possible under the circumstances 😭 which would mean Fuuko x Yuni and Nanase x Yuki imo, and if the color spread is any indication then that's where it will indeed go, so I'm pretty happy with that one)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread