My Life as an Internet Novel - Ch. 63

So they don't want her to be hiding stuff from them, but look at all the stuff they keep concealed. There's an entire gangster side to their world that she has no knowledge about, and they all have a side of their personality that she seems to have no idea about even though she read the books.

@Shroov05 You're right, it's been a while since I read the beginning, so I ended up thinking she was somewhat aware of what story she was in as there are so many other stories where this is the case. I came to think she just never finished the book and that was why she wasn't aware of events of the plot.

I'm still annoyed at their double standard though.

This chapter is actual comedy gold! 🤣 I couldn't stop laughing. (The gang leader being whipped for Juin!!!) Thank you for translating!!!

@Maidie
They're ranks for the 'best fighter' among highschool students or something like that. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this kind of shounen trope is in this shoujo series myself... 😅

@Kardelune

I think you misunderstanding a lot of things, she did not read anything about the book of this world. She was thrown onto another world without her knowing the title nor the setting.
She knew she was in an internet novel world because she's quick witted and the setting are too obvious, red hair, blue hair, blond hair, white hair guys in a south korea high school ?? like come on?? Thats how she deduced those boys are the male characters and Yeoryong are the 'female lead'. Since she's pretty, smart, kind, and awfully dense when someone likes her. Remember the first time she went to school, Yeoryong greet her to go together and she freak out because she doesn't know this person no matter how many times she said "Im Yeoryong ! Your good friend". She doesn't know anybody nor recognize anyone.

I think this particular world doesn't have a particular book or novel to be based off from her real world either, It is titled Inso's Law which basically translated to the Law of Internet Novel, it takes all traits from a romantic Internet Novel and meshed it up onto this one particular world. Like the white haired dude is a chaebol (super rich), the blue one is an aloof model, blond hair is super smart, and the red haired is good at fighting. Her new classmates also posessed a protagonist trait from a web novel and she met so many coincidence like that (especially Ruda whom she thought exhibits the usual trope of girls dressed as boys, because she thought sooner or later someone will that background will come)

It is not based on anything that she has read. She's as clueless as everyone. If she knew, she would have monologue-ing about the fate of these boys and the heroine.

Aggregator gang
@maidie The rank numbers are literally just how good at fighting you are lol, the higher your number the better fighter you are, it's a common plot device in older manga and internet novels. Basically the higher your "rank" is the more powerful you are supposed to be (and you can move up the ranks by challenging higher rank numbers to fights to take over or steal their placement, kinda like duels lol)

I thought she was preparing to beat the shit out of people then she...

Aggregator gang
Can I just say that I absolutely love Ju-In and his Hyung??? Out of all the guys, Ju-In has got to be my favorite.... and I don't even think of him as a love interest! That's pretty unusual for me XD
And Yeoryreong's acting skills are amazing!!!
Ahhh what a good chapter :)
Thanks for the update!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Using everything they have. A beauty/cutie trap! A fighting master!
Many thanks

For those who are confused and want an explanation
so this is all a convoluted plan to beat up the guy who pushed Dani using the "laws of the school gang fights". Basically, the 4 heavenly kings and Yeoryeong didn't want any rumors at all about them getting into a fight so they did everything the long way. The plan: Eunhyang beats the 72th rank guy, uses the '72th rank name' to beat up everyone else and find the perpetrator, then passes the rank to the guy who pushed Dani. Then Yeoryeong comes with the top dogs saying 'the 72th rank guy beat up my friends!' and all the top dogs end up beating the perpetrator. The final rumor ends up something like "the 72th rank guy got beat up for involving/bullying regular students!" And Dani, none the wiser is just like 'school gang fights are scary'

@unime wow i really appreciate ur explanation, maybe im just a bit oblivious on the whole concept of this story, ive been actually quite confused about the plot now because i feel it just doesn't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread