Nana to Kaoru

I wrote a short analysis about the intimacy in the series and how it's essential to S&M: https://longhandhabits.com/2019/03/04/intimacy-in-nana-to-kaoru/

Fed-Kun's army
Come for the artist's shibari drawings, stay for the writer's exploration of conflicting emotions, young love, insecurity, and a whole bunch of other stuff through bondage.

I really like the emphasis this series puts on how much effort it takes to be a good dom, and the amount of responsibility that role carries, as well at the fact that it deals with the setup and aftercare sides of BDSM, which you usually don't see much of in fiction. It's also very interesting to see people who are obviously getting sexually excited by the bondage, but don't have a sexual relationship.

This series is so much better than its premise has any right to be.

Saving any newcomers some time. 156 chapters. And theres no real pay off. 45 chapters in black label and the closest to it, is the 2 main characters kissing. So 201 chapters and the most satisfying conclusion is kissing. Not saying this isnt a good manga. Just dont waste your time reading expecting them to ever go all the way. Just read for everything else.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The artist and writer really made the scenes come to life on the pages, love the dynamic of the story so far (up to 104 in two days) and that struggle between the two of them. I started reading because of the cover, glad I did because it's been fun so far. Plus gives you some excitement if you're into it and a Dom 👍🏻 although he's a pussy at times

If you want to get off, there is plenty, and if you want to feel stuff, there is plenty! Just have fun and be safe!

Dex-chan lover
I love this manga. When I first read it, ages ago, i was just looking for some tiddies and laughs - and was hooked by the cover and description.

I wasn't ready to be taken on a wild ride of a romance manga that actually taught me quite a lot about S&M. From the importance of prep til the importance of aftercare, this was a fantastic piece of work. While the last "arc' really wasn't up to snuff I enjoyed this thoroughly through and through. I instantly devoured Black Label as well, and here I am rereading with a new story in print.

9/10, would recommend to anyone interested in the lifestyle that enjoys manga - and maybe even some that aren't involved with SM in any way. (might honestly have been a 10/10 without the last arc.)

This entire manga was a very pleasant surprise, except for the final arc which almost ruined the entire thing for me. Without getting into spoilers too much, it felt heavily contrived and like a betrayal on the part of the author to a very important character. I’m very glad that there are two sequels to this manga which very quickly move past this arc, because otherwise I would have ended up hating this series for that final arc alone. Even some of the earlier arcs which initially presented situations I wasn’t comfortable with (not the S&M part, but the characters involved) ended up being those pleasant surprises that I warmed up to. If you are at all interested in the mangas page description, do give this a chance, because it’s genuinely funny and wholesome, and has some pretty nice art too. And don’t forget those sequel series afterwards, because if you’re anything like me, you’ll really be wanting to just forget the “end” to this serialization ever happened.

Well... This was just amazing. I have read a lot of Ecchi, but none of it even came close to being as great.

The last arc (without spoiling it) kind of feels weird. It plays out very differently than the rest of the manga and it feels kind of off. But even after a pretty weak last ark, the story comes to a nice, yet inconclusive end, which surprised because while I read the arc I was sure the ending will be awful, but luckily it isn't.

This manga is a masterpiece, and I read that the two sequels also fix some of the messy characterization it has in the end. It is a thrilling ride, and if you even are a little bit interested in its concept, you should definitely give it a try.

probs the best portrayal of S&M in a manga. the story and romance are okay. 8/10, good read.

Fed-Kun's army
Easily a 9/10

Ive been in an ecchi binge lately and none, absolutely none of them came close to this manga and this one doesn't even show the female lead's nipples! Can you believe that shit?!

Great character development and portrayal of their emotions, with a romance out of the ordinary and a very believable showcase of what S&M is, considering I was someone who knows nothing about that stuff or thought it was just a lot of senseless violence in the bedroom.

And the best of all is that it has 2 sequels and a spin-off!! Damn... If this ever gets licensed in english or spanish, I'll damn sure gonna add it to my collection!

Fed-Kun's army
is there ntr in this ? cause i got no trust in the author

ah yes i remember reading this in the past but stopped halfway through because its too ecchi for me but i do like the author`s drawing tho they are great

Double-page supporter
Definitely was worth the read, I really enjoyed this unique type of romance manga. I give it a 9/10, I would have gave it a 10/10, it's just that the ending, in my opinion, did not fit this manga at all, but the rest of the manga was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread