Nanjou-san wa Boku ni Dakaretai - Ch. 10 - Nanjou-san is still conscious

Dex-chan lover
People are still hung up on the 1st chapter of this series like character development isn't allowed or people (characters) aren't allowed to have any depth or progress past their first impressions.
It's not character development if she turns into a different person within a day. She is introduced in basically the same way as FMC from "I Like You Who Can Have Sex With Anyone", and turns into someone else a few pages later.

She's a character, I don't care if she's a maiden or a slut, I care about the story being reasonably consistent. But fine, let's say she was such a narcissist that the sheer fact that MC didn't want to sleep with her and didn't find her attractive gave her whiplash hard enough to change her character.

The author should have given us more of her internal monologue or something, to show that this was not her being herself, but maybe overreacting from being embarrassed, or fear of being exposed. Otherwise, all we can see is her flipping a switch and turning into a different person. Even if it wasn't in the first chapter, we are 10 (and more like 20 in terms of page count) chapters later, and the whole thing is never mentioned again.

W/e, since the author could just forget about it and do the story, I suppose, as a reader, I can just also forget about it and pretend that there is no page 13 in the first chapter. It works way better with just that.

Dex-chan lover
Even if it wasn't in the first chapter, we are 10 (and more like 20 in terms of page count) chapters later, and the whole thing is never mentioned again.

W/e, since the author could just forget about it and do the story, I suppose, as a reader, I can just also forget about it and pretend that there is no page 13 in the first chapter. It works way better with just that.
It is the same isue with "Experienced you, inexperienced me". Girls past never (ever) catches up to them in any capacity during the whole story. It is just used as a plot device to beat the FMC over the head with from time to time how she can't have any firsts with the MC. If you think about it, these stories are the slut shaming of the highest order and the MCs are the paragons of virtue even though they still decide to go out with the town's training wheels. Though conveniently, they are never being subjected to the social stigma of doing so because girls pasts are completely written out.

Dex-chan lover
It is the same isue with "Experienced you, inexperienced me". Girls past never (ever) catches up to them in any capacity during the whole story. It is just used as a plot device to beat the FMC over the head with from time to time how she can't have any firsts with the MC. If you think about it, these stories are the slut shaming of the highest order and the MCs are the paragons of virtue even though they still decide to go out with the town's training wheels. Though conveniently, they are never being subjected to the social stigma of doing so because girls pasts are completely written out.
I disagree with that. "Experienced you, inexperienced me" works, because it's clearly stated, that she doesn't just sleep around - she is just quick to move to the physical aspect of the relationship, but it always happens in an established, monogamous, devoted relationship (at least from her PoV). She also moves to physical because her previous partners put in her head that this is normal and expected.

That's my main point of contention here. In EYIM I can buy FMC as a girl who seeks deeper love, but is used by people and, at some point, starts thinking that this is romance. Because from page 1 it's written that way. Here, there's a clear disconnect - like the author wanted to write something similar to EYIM, but needed to change some blocks, and went for shock value in introducing FMC. But it went too far and messed up her characterization for the rest of the intended story.

Dex-chan lover
I still think that the whole manga is crippled by the 13th page (+/-1) of the first chapter. I still can't buy into her "true character" because of that "hentai slut" expression. It's really an art in on itself, that the author portrayed her as a sex-driven person for like 3 pages, and it managed to undermine an almost 500-page long story after that. Everything after that works - maybe not as well as "It's Not Meguro-san's First Time", or "Experienced You and Inexperienced Me", but it's still pretty good. But I still feel a disconnect between the girl in the first chapter and the rest of them. Maybe I'm just weird.
It's not just you, I feel the same disconnect. I get that people develop and change but the way she acted in the first chapter is not just the way a horny teenager would act. It's what someone with deep emotional injuries and self-loathing would do. And all she ever needed to do a complete 180 turn was the affection of an otaku nerd? And that turns her into little miss innocent? That fast? I don't buy it.

Supporter
And then it went with the "let's wait until blah blah blah" which is the typical virgin crap trope of the majority of shounens out there.
I'm fascinated that anyone would think waiting for your partner to be ready for sexual intimacy -- regardless of your respective levels of experience -- is "typical virgin crap". Forcing the issue has a word associated with it, after all.

Dex-chan lover
I'm fascinated that anyone would think waiting for your partner to be ready for sexual intimacy -- regardless of your respective levels of experience -- is "typical virgin crap". Forcing the issue has a word associated with it, after all.
And I'm fascinated that you don't think this is a trope very often used in mangas only to serve the artifical stretching of the story.

Group Leader
The most retarded censorship that I've seen.

Bruh, I hope she's mentally fine to do that, losing breathing because of nerves is scary af

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
IDK she seemed fine after calming down. Loss of consciousness seems like a very extreme panic attack symptom but maybe the being panicked while horny just made her shallow breathing that much worse or her heart rate that much higher.
Yup, my first thought was "acute panic/anxiety attack", and hypoxia from too-shallow breathing/elevated heart rate does make a lot of sense for as far as a mechanism goes.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so at first she was too much of a whore, and now she's not enough? Make up your minds, incel virgins

Users who are viewing this thread