Votes: 3 20.0%
  • [No response text]

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • what is narnia

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group Leader
I'm not sure about this, but holy moly the last series of Lewis' work needs to be appreciated.

You can read the summary of it
https://narnia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Last_Battle

New characters are: Shift, Puzzle, Tirian, Roonwit, Jewel, Colormen, Tash, Rashda Tarkaan, many more.

LWW & POC were phenomenal, kinda like LOTR in my opinion.

Only the noble prince guy from arab country was interesting
the current narnian prince/king guy in exile seemed ok tho

scammer ape and idiot donkey should have been interesting characters but i didnt find them interesting
ape getting rekt by summon ritual was lmao

susan's implications were lulz and got many essays written on her

dwarf meme is uncomfortable and implies that if u went to heaven u'd delude urself into not being in heaven so long as u didnt believe in the christian god or something along those lines (because apparently u cant trust ur 5 senses or something)
Lewis being an Anglican and Tolkien a Roman Catholic is funny

the whole name doesnt matter only good/evil deeds can matter cos our 2 gods r the embiodment good good/evil is lulz and so bland and basic

the whole christian allegory stuff really holds the books back too often, it was unintentional in tLtWatW, but he probably ramped it up later on.
the ending was meh

the worldbuilding is shit (says something about him being an fucking inkling), and too often a lot of the logic is questionable. aHahB was my fav and it still sucked.

the best thing i could say for the books is they make for decent children's books, and tLtWatW makes for a very good children's movie. Without all the christian allegory it'd be better, but considering the competition for children's books these days it's not so bad in its current state.

it's also been like, 5 years since i read his books

idk his space trilogy or whatever adult books r probably better but i cbb to get around to reading it.

Group Leader
Man, you're rock (✓©.©)✓ @deltarayedge

Though I don't really follow the story as I just remembered about narnia while wandering on youtube, so I had nostalgia there and searched narnia on google then I found the last battle.

Most interesting part about the Last Battle for me is Cair Palavel Massacre, not by means of the massacre but by stories behind it as roonwit knew it all along that there'll be something bad to happen.

tLatWatW were pretty good at that time, imo.

To add to the allegory bullshit, the tamolreans r fucking moors with hollywood arab equipment because of fucking course the evil people r the middle easterners. HOW ORIGINA!!!! Real subtle, not!

Let's be honest:
Lewis: worldbuilding? Wat iz zat?
Tolkien: REEEEEEEEEE

So I never actually read all of the books, but did listen to the BBC radio series (from like... the 80s/90s) 24/7 as a kid. Seriously, if you can find the CDs, get them. So, so, so good. That being said, I only really listened to The Lion/Witch/Wardrobe, The Horse and His Boy (all time fav), Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The Magician's Nephew was a bit too confusing, and The Silver Chair was kinda creepy, so I never finished that and never listened to The Last Battle until a few years ago when I was ill and bored.

Maybe because I was no longer a child, but The Last Battle was incredibly bad and really unimaginative compared to the rest. As in, I had never ever grasped how much the series was at some point 'inspired' by Christianity, and how the depiction of the Calormens was... Something. I get that it's very much a product of its time, still icky. Don't get me started on the whole Susan thing.

Also I so wish they had continued filming the series, Will Poulter as Eustace was so well cast.

Fed-Kun's army
I've read only the second book (11 years ago). I loved it, but I've been too distracted by other books to read the whole series.

I liked it, it was pretty good. The themes were interesting and it read nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread