Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 2 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
This got very deep this chapter. I did not want to relate to a character in a manga.
Darn this manga is too good. Thanks for the translations. Keep it up!

Fed-Kun's army
yeah the interaction was deep for neeko considering she is in that state of dilema for mostly young adult out there
but lol her mom's angry expression is gold

Dex-chan lover
If only she have ReLife on her life. If only i have Relife on my life. If only everyone have ReLife

Dex-chan lover
time to bring a therapeutic shota!, but really i dont know why i think they are gonna bring like a lil kid so she can like babysit him

gonna put my two cents bc i am a therapist (i will try to express myself clearly although im not native)

overall what I see in this chapter
Neeko clearly needs someone to talk about the things you don't want to say to the people you love, simply because you feel that is wrong to say it to them, more the like if they care about your well-being (putting aside the fact that the parents are clearly minimizing the problem here)

if you look the page where Neeko is having a monologue, you can see the thoughts she has. "I envy my sister" and "my mom is so annoying" for example, are thoughts you can have about your family, but are really mean things to say, and sometimes you can be a little right about this things, but is hard to say to someone you love something you dislike about them, because you don't want to hurt them

Sooooo...
the problem i think everyone here has seen so far is:

1) the family care about Neeko, and that's great, but not enough to see that she can't overcome her problem of her own, and their "I'm trying to help her" only maintain that NEET condition (mainly trying to force her to do things, leaving out the fact that she doesn't have any motivation or are things she can't do in her condition now)

2) Neeko doesn't have (she has, but can't see it at the moment) a network of people to help her beside her family, and that only works to maintain her NEET condition, she is ashamed of what she has become so she think that is not worthy of the time of others, or something like "I am a failure so I don't deserve to be helped"

what Neeko has is something we call "Learned helplessness", something she develop through these failed job interviews, and is a phenomena you can relate to clinical depression.

I really hope that in the upcoming chapters we can have a progress about Neeko realizing that she had more people other than her family that care about her, and that she shouldn't blame herself all the time about her actual condition, (at least, is the first thing I would try to do IF I was her therapist, if you can minimize the guilt, then you enable new paths of personal growth and self-improvement)

bless 😄

I am sorry, to everyone here and to God above, but I shamefully admit this chapter made me physically aroused/excited. 😅 Dark theme is too good.

Fed-Kun's army
Neeko is depressed and thinks very little of herself. Everyone in the family knows it. So while Neeko is trying to get better at cooking, her sister belittles her and then shows her up, her mother gets jealous and slaps her when she is vulnerable, and her father desperately tries to act like everything is normal. Cool, sounds like my family.

Dex-chan lover
@Aelth
Neeko is depressed and thinks very little of herself. Everyone in the family knows it. So while Neeko is trying to get better at cooking, her sister belittles her and then shows her up, her mother gets jealous and slaps her when she is vulnerable, and her father desperately tries to act like everything is normal. Cool, sounds like my family.

At least Neeko is aware of her own problem, and tries (albeit poorly) to break out of her vicious cycle of losing self-esteem, failing to get a job as a result, getting depressed, and losing even more self-esteem.

But you... you seem like you're just fine with blaming others for your own misery. It's never your own fault, is it?

Fed-Kun's army
@FariusValz - interesting comments, although I guess the hard part will be to get somebody out of that mindset, and somehow prevent them from slipping back into it

Fed-Kun's army
I read the ch, and I honestly think that this is another one of those chapters that can benefit from having a warning page on it like ch 6. True, it doesn't hit as hard as Ch 6, but it's almost there.

I think the thinking about marriage part is in a way kind of like her family has given up on her. Sure it's normal to expect her to get married someday, but given her current state, it's like they've given up and decided that she might as well marry someone who's successful rather than doing anything herself.

Dex-chan lover
Damn.... This chapter is hitting me hard.... I'm still going to college but these thoughts and talks have been what I have lived through....

Users who are viewing this thread