Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 9 Ch. 41 - Airstrike Begins

Dex-chan lover
Just shoot the damn birds with AA guns, the ammo is easier to replace than missiles.
Still in the WW2 mindset? Why stoop yourself in the level of your enemies (who still fights in close quarters) when you can snipe them at a distance? Dogfights nowadays are avoided as much as possible and only be done 'as final option'

Dex-chan lover
Isn't Type 99 suppose to be AAM-4? An active radar homing air-to-air missile. Also according to LN wise, I don't know if it's intentional from the author or not but according to tactical brevity code, FOX code should be FOX-3 instead. (Although I know AMRAAM can be launch as FOX-1, but for AAM-4, I feel like it would not typically be launched as FOX-1 in this scenario.)

image.png

This panel kinda bugs me a little when they launched fox-3 as fox-1.
That's what in the raws. Hopefully this will be corrected in the Tankobon version.

Dex-chan lover
Indeed. Unless they have chip fabs. Even if they have, how long before their EUV machines breakdown, needing maintenance from ASML which is not in Japan.
Military tech does not use leading edge nodes. These things were designed over a decade ago, with the chips that could be produced at the time, and so to replace the needed chips they don't need EUV. Those trailing edge nodes can be produced by japanese companies, along with the lithography equipment because of Canon and Nikon. In fact considering the given situation in the setting, they probably have excess semiconductor manufacturing capability. That said there are probably some parts of the process that rely upon imported equipment, but it shouldn't be impossible to build local replacements. In fact as far as EUV, I'm pretty sure this story started well before ASML obtained an effective monopoly.

Aggregator gang
I hope eventually Japan bites off more than it can chew in this, and end up in an even fight against someone whose tech they don't understand fully.

Because so far it's been the Nation State equivalent of "if I got reincarnated in a medieval peasant society my Highschool education would make me a genius."

The writing, individual characters, and art are good, but I hope there's more to the plot in the end than just wish fulfillment for frustrated expansionists.
In the WN, the Ancient Sorcerous Empire that was referenced in earlier chapters is supposed to come back, as their large-scale temporal shift spell returns their empire at its peak to this world. That empire has magic power armor, magic force fields and CIWS, and nuclear ICBMs. And they’re perfectly willing to nuke their enemies, as they already did it once to destroy the dragon empire.
But before that, there's the remnants of the Empire in the south, the Annonrial Empire, who have hidden their genetic engineering and magitech behind a diplomatic port that puts up the façade of a low-magitech empire. They have computers, but their weapons technology hasn't been shown. They apparently don't have space flight capability, since Japan was able to do some passes with their recon satellites, and saw that they have magic battleships on par or better than the next-gen ones fielded by the Holy Mirishial Empire (the one that actually wins its fights against the GVE).

Contributor
Even if they're warm blooded, it's not enough of an IR signature to lock on with an anti-aircraft missile. Those things are looking for turbine engines and exhaust gasses running at hundreds of degrees, not the body heat of an animal.

Maybe, maybe, you could assume they're radar guided and pinging off the knight's armor, but even that is a huge stretch.
That used to be the case, but apparently, they can even lock on to the fusilage now, cuz of heat from air friction, source was wikipedia tho, and I didnt check the citation.

Aggregator gang
I hope eventually Japan bites off more than it can chew in this, and end up in an even fight against someone whose tech they don't understand fully.

Because so far it's been the Nation State equivalent of "if I got reincarnated in a medieval peasant society my Highschool education would make me a genius."

The writing, individual characters, and art are good, but I hope there's more to the plot in the end than just wish fulfillment for frustrated expansionists.
Patriotism yes, expansionism certainly not. That's the whole point, they bent the rules but didn't break them. No capturing territory, no unprovoked offensive, only a "defensive" battle, as in "defending" their allies.

Converting P3 orion into a bomber with kit? Makes me remember US Project to enabling P8 launch a torpedo from height using a kit like JDAM

Power Uploader
In the WN, the Ancient Sorcerous Empire that was referenced in earlier chapters is supposed to come back, as their large-scale temporal shift spell returns their empire at its peak to this world. That empire has magic power armor, magic force fields and CIWS, and nuclear ICBMs. And they’re perfectly willing to nuke their enemies, as they already did it once to destroy the dragon empire.
But before that, there's the remnants of the Empire in the south, the Annonrial Empire, who have hidden their genetic engineering and magitech behind a diplomatic port that puts up the façade of a low-magitech empire. They have computers, but their weapons technology hasn't been shown. They apparently don't have space flight capability, since Japan was able to do some passes with their recon satellites, and saw that they have magic battleships on par or better than the next-gen ones fielded by the Holy Mirishial Empire (the one that actually wins its fights against the GVE).
So how far is manga adaptation when compared to WN origin?

thanks for the chapter
sooo mu isw from the second civilized ring area or?
so who will be in the 1st? somehow i am worried we will meet mustach man or worse his stupid reich
I doubted that bad German reich even exist in that world.

In previous chapters, there's a scene where the japan ambassador looking at Mu's technology and said that it's like retro-something.

And then at the chapter where the jsdf fighting demon lord with tank and the demon lord remembered something similar but it was ww2 japan tank.

Most likely that it's not the first time Japan got summoned into that world hence why Mu nation had technology similar to ww2 era japan.

Dex-chan lover
So how far is manga adaptation when compared to WN origin?
Very far. In the latest WN drafts, the Cryseilis Arc is almost done and the story will shift again its focus on the still-ongoing New World War. There will be an upcoming 'peace talks' between the Gra Valkas Empire and the Japan-led Global United Front. Of course this was just a farce for both sides to regain their strength. Gra Valkas still wants to go on the offensive after their expulsion from Leifor and the Second Civilization Area and the Global United Front wants to destroy the Gra Valkan mainland.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for another chapter... they trickle out slowly so I've forgotten, but are the logistics hand-waved or supported? I vaguely recall that the entire island of Japan came over to this world- along with its military- and that is supposed to handwave concerns about logistics like fuel, ammo, personnel, etc. But IRL Japan's fuel is 97% imported and 99.9% military hardware imported. Was this addressed already?
I recall that the first nation ally (I forgor its name, the one that JP helped liberate from Qua-Toyne, if not Quatoyne itself) supplied them with a wholeass field of oilrigs and food supplies in exchange for track transport-techs.

Weeeelp, alr. answered. This is what you get for not reading the comments till the end.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I see the fighter is also loaded with the AAM-5 which I think is IR guided, did the enemy force have anything that generated enough heat for that to lock on to?
Or did they load with unecesary weight?

Unless they actually can "see" the wyverns, which I assume are cold-blooded, tho maybe not enough.
Would it be possible that the heat generated from wearing all that armour in the sky is what the IR guided missiles locks on to? Or is the heat signature too small?

Dex-chan lover
"Proportionate response"
So, do we get some royals on the chopping block next?
Wouldn’t it be funny if they crippled the military, and did anti-imperialistic propaganda that blames the royals for everything wrong, causing another French Revolution in fantasy land. They won’t even have the manpower to stop the capital city from rioting

Dex-chan lover
Patriotism yes, expansionism certainly not. That's the whole point, they bent the rules but didn't break them. No capturing territory, no unprovoked offensive, only a "defensive" battle, as in "defending" their allies.
I meant Japanese readers with a certain worldview irl with that comment.

Like how lonely people are especially the target for slave harems. People frustrated at Japan's role in current geo-politics would especially enjoy seeing Japanese missiles rammed up wyvern asses.

The rest of us can enjoy it too, but it just hits different for us.

Users who are viewing this thread