No Home - Ch. 243 - Haejoon Goh's Home (9)

I'm glad that we're revisiting how his relationship with his mom deteriorated. For a while now we've only seen the positive sides in flashbacks, like an idealised version of their relationship. But we're finally seeing it for what it was and how it ended up.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
tbh Haejoon exploding and fucking someone up is long overdue

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that we're revisiting how his relationship with his mom deteriorated. For a while now we've only seen the positive sides in flashbacks, like an idealised version of their relationship. But we're finally seeing it for what it was and how it ended up.
...what? For a while now, we've had pretty explicit statements from other people that the mother had issues with being a parent. Look at the bathroom scene with Haejoon and Eunyung a few chapters ago, where Eunyung goes into mock/fake indignation against the mom for never telling Haejoon about his uncle or his father. That was a clear statement about the mother not being a great parent, even though Eunyung was clearly just acting about it.

I mean, if you want to say that Haejoon has for a while had a rosy look at his relationship with his mom... That's literally been the case since the first chapter. He's had a guilt over her death since the very beginning, so he has always been idealizing it.

What he's doing now isn't much different from what he's done throughout the series.

Group Leader
Hm but was she talking about his dad or his uncle? Or someone else? Because she said to run away if he met a man he didn't know and to not even give his name, but he knew his dad, even if it was under the guise of the dad being a neighbor or something. Still, when haejoon said it was the neighbor, she did say to get away from the door and be quiet, so she probably was scared of him. But I wonder if she was scared of someone else too.

Hm but was she talking about his dad or his uncle? Or someone else? Because she said to run away if he met a man he didn't know and to not even give his name, but he knew his dad, even if it was under the guise of the dad being a neighbor or something. Still, when haejoon said it was the neighbor, she did say to get away from the door and be quiet, so she probably was scared of him. But I wonder if she was scared of someone else too.
From what I remember from the first (?) Chuseok arc, Haejoon's mother never told him about their extended family, and that was because he was always wondering why his classmates (and other neighborhood kids) always went far to visit their families, wouldn't he have some somewhere? Although I don't remember well when exactly did his mother cut off contact with the rest of her family, I vaguely remember that, at best, at least the uncle knew about the existence of Haejoon, despite not seeing each other in his entire life?

Her fear about this is that the "ghost man" might have been both. It's possible that the uncle may have had a violent character because he was alcoholic, which might have also been a reason why she cut him off. But, in this specific case, I'm pretty sure she is much more talking about Haejoon's father. Haejoon seems to have been quite young when his parents divorced, so his memories of him might been becoming blurry since. And it's possible that the dude may have visited her a few times when Haejoon was in school (and she was alone, at home), especially, because I feel that the divorce agreement wasn't done in the best terms. And, well... the thing is... trauma is a b*tch. The next door neighbors being late, drunk or, even violent or smth might have activated some kind of "fight or flight" switch on her if that happened frequent.

Aggregator gang
From what I remember from the first (?) Chuseok arc, Haejoon's mother never told him about their extended family, and that was because he was always wondering why his classmates (and other neighborhood kids) always went far to visit their families, wouldn't he have some somewhere? Although I don't remember well when exactly did his mother cut off contact with the rest of her family, I vaguely remember that, at best, at least the uncle knew about the existence of Haejoon, despite not seeing each other in his entire life?

Her fear about this is that the "ghost man" might have been both. It's possible that the uncle may have had a violent character because he was alcoholic, which might have also been a reason why she cut him off. But, in this specific case, I'm pretty sure she is much more talking about Haejoon's father. Haejoon seems to have been quite young when his parents divorced, so his memories of him might been becoming blurry since. And it's possible that the dude may have visited her a few times when Haejoon was in school (and she was alone, at home), especially, because I feel that the divorce agreement wasn't done in the best terms. And, well... the thing is... trauma is a b*tch. The next door neighbors being late, drunk or, even violent or smth might have activated some kind of "fight or flight" switch on her if that happened frequent.
correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it that the uncle never knew about haejoon and only learned of him after he found out about his sister's death?

Aggregator gang
another theory: what if it's not the uncle nor the dad his mom was afraid of but debt collectors? i read a lot of other manhwas to know they're practically mafia sometimes, so if the debt thing was real and haejoon's dad ran away instead of dealing with it...

Users who are viewing this thread