Odoriba ni Skirt ga naru - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Eye to eye

Dex-chan lover
🥲

I feel like that'd count as 21.5 Chapter (For me that is), since I give so little f's about Shion.. "duMp iT on HaRumA tOo", was that the prelude to even more unnecessary drama ? <_<

Seeing the last chapter I really hoped I'd see some more of Michiru, or even Haruma the one after, but no here's more of Shions drama dumping 😮‍💨

Dex-chan lover
🥲

I feel like that'd count as 21.5 Chapter (For me that is), since I give so little f's about Shion.. "duMp iT on HaRumA tOo", was that the prelude to even more unnecessary drama ? <_<

Seeing the last chapter I really hoped I'd see some more of Michiru, or even Haruma the one after, but no here's more of Shions drama dumping 😮‍💨

I don't think Mona is actually telling Shion to literally "dump" her problems on Kiki and that statement was just Mona calling Shion out on how she said Kiki was the only person who saw her for who she was.

Mona prefaces that scene with "what am I to you?" so I think it's more like a "How dare you say Kiki is the only one who sees your true self when you've only told these selfish feelings to me? If you truly believe you can be your true self around Kiki, then you better dump these feelings on Kiki too!" It's more of a frustrated rant from Mona comparing who actually "sees" Shion's true self than advice (although I do think in the overall convo Mona is still telling Shion to open up more in general and talk to Kiki to work out their problems).

Dex-chan lover
6G4BYoYa9k8.jpg

Don't tell me I'm the only one who thought of "Kiki Do You Love Me" by Drake :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Please tell me we are not going to have 10+ chapters focusing on these 2 now…

Dex-chan lover
That was such a good chapter, thanks for the translation and I am so looking forward to how things work out

Dex-chan lover
Kiki, do you love me? Are you riding? Say you’ll never ever leave from beside me

Dex-chan lover
It's good for pacing for them to spend a bit of time with these two for a bit. Helps give the main romance time to breath, especially now in a moment of uncertainty from Kiki.

If the focus remained on the main couple, we'd either be stuck in a holding pattern of Kiki not being certain and nothing really happening or her uncertainty would feel like it wasn't that real because it'd get quickly resolved. Bringing her sister into things and giving some focus on Shion gives space for that uncertainty to breathe, another angle on what the story is trying to say about love and romance, and time for Kiki to figure out her feelings without the story grinding to a sudden halt for several chapters.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the translation!
I wonder what's the deal with the sister returning home. She looks really uneasy when talking about dance.
I anticipate something along the line of "I'm quitting dancing". Which is just going to mess with Kiki's passion with dancing even more.

Users who are viewing this thread