Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 18 - Tsumiki-san and Brush

Dex-chan lover
AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Me when Im allowed to brush the tail

whistle-wolf.gif

Group Leader
How do I buy the volume this is too good and I need it
Besides what maibi said, which is where to get it (I got mine from amazon.jp and Booklive), I highly suggest using Chrome with translation mode for this if you don't know Japanese. It will helpfully convert all the pages to your native language. I normally use Firefox for everything but that's a killer Chrome feature for this sort of stuff. FF does have some translation modes now, but not Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Diabetes yippee, so freaking cute and wholesome. Love their bonding and hope best for the future

Dex-chan lover
Ear rubs are the best no matter what species your are.. well unless you're a reptile, insect or a fish.

Thank you everyone at Emergency Tsumiki Committee and maibi for the translation

I agree with your sentiment but that is not at all what happened here. But it would've been an interesting subject to tackle if it happened organically, true.
DISCLAIMER: I love how the manga has been the past ~10 chapters. Really sweet and enjoyable. This chapter just was poorly done and completely forced.

Chapter 16 and 17 had them HEAVILY bonding and talking a whole lot, even trivial stuff like scores or studying together or important stuff like at the sportsfest. It was clearly shown that she now seeks him out, too and that he gained more of a backbone and initiated with her.

Now, randomly, neither of them talk to each other for multiple weeks.. huh? That is 10 chapters skipped !IN 3 PANELS! and both MCs regressing to pre chapter 16+17. Don't get me wrong, it was solved instantly and I like how it ended up!! But it feels 100% out of character (as just shortly before established at that time), out of place and forced. Almost like chapter 3.. Just a minor hiccup, tho.

Again, just saying that the message was interesting but the execution was terrible, sadly.
You should consider the fact that Tsumiki is not fully human and her attitude is still not fully understood.

At first, I was just like you, thinking that it was weird that She and Yutaka suddenly grew apart after growing so much closer in the previous chapters. Then I remembered that even from Chapter 1 Tsumiki already shows that she has a weird and mysterious way of building relationships. I think that is the charm of this manga, watching 2 individuals with a very different background growing closer slowly but surely by navigating the problems of having different perspectives and beliefs.

Dex-chan lover
If real canines are to be believed, tails 100%. They will NOT let you touch that even in full playful mode.
One of my dogs used to only let me touch his tail when he wanted me to wake up because he learned to bash my face with it when he wanted to go for a walk in the mornings I didn't have to go to school.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Page 13 makes me think 'damn, she can easily overpower him' which makes me think 'damn, that lucky bastard'.

Dex-chan lover
I read this chapter multiples of time.
This works better than therapy

Users who are viewing this thread