Old version of chapter tracker.

Dex-chan lover
In a previous iteration of MangaDex (Before tthe large blackout, the old layout), we had a numerical value that recorded the last chapter/volume, but that was removed for the new version in favor of the new per chapter "read/unread" marker, which works great.

The problem with this is that, sometimes chapters are removed out of nowhere by groups, uploaders, or whatever, and if you were letting chapters accumulate without checking on updates, you end up losing track of where you last read when you come back because the last read chapter doesn't exist anymore. (Just happened to me that a popular manga, that I haven't read for a few years, had a ton of chapter removed, so there is a hole of 36 chapters, all the ones before are marked as read, the ones after it as unread. I can only assume must have stopped somewhere in between.)

The previous numerical values were also good to keep track of outside manga readings, because you could manually set the last volume or chapter read, even if that manga has no uploaded chapters, useful for tracking official releases alongside the ones uploaded here.

I understand that it may look ugly for the current layout, but it was a good feature that did not come back, and could help a lot.

Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread