Only Sense Online - Vol. 8 Ch. 46 - The PVP Tournament and a Battle Royale

Dex-chan lover
@moel
Takun = Yun's friend from school
Myuu = Yun's sister.
The mage blasting ice = Yun's sister, don't remember the name.
Yun = The MC of the story.
Kirito = PK that tryed to kill Yun before.
Everyone else is filler.

Dex-chan lover
-70% to all stats and still on par with the guild master.
pk must've given some crazy stat boost i guess. that's more than twice stronger than presumably something considered hella strong among normal player.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why all these game mangas make Pkers out to be evil stereotypes. Good PKers are usually pretty respectful, comes with the risk management aspect of the job.

Dex-chan lover
@AbuHajaar Difference in views between East and West, also you must be lucky because my experience with PVPers tends to be on the edgy tryhard level usually (at least on pure pvp servers).

Dex-chan lover
I wish this was still about a pseudo-genderbent merchant, rather than Shadow the Edgehog committing the appalling act of playing a video game.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyujyu: More than just Yun actually
Reminder that he is essentially childhood friend to the 3 'sisters'
-Sei the calm, collected , but occasionally show her weak side with RNG luck.
-Myuu the outgoing, super energetic girl whose childishness add a strange charm to how capable she is.
-Yun the nanny, also 'tsundere'

Heck, Myuu even waved to him and he's got enough leeway to return the greeting during this chapter as he runs around kiting the angry mob.

So some of the mob aren't just jealous because of Yun, but because Taku basically has a harem of childhood friends.

Dex-chan lover
I'd usually hate a character like Edgelord-kun but everyone in this series is such an overreacting whiny bitch when it comes to PK that I can't help but root for him.

Dex-chan lover
Oh come on, this Mikazuchi got a plot armor again (the time-out)...

Dex-chan lover
What the...
Why myuu and her friend fighting on this first stage? they should work together to increase a chance advancing to final stage anf higher chance to win, then i final they can fight to the heart content.

And why when that edgy pk player intrude the tournament, player near him still focused on their own fight? With -70% handicap he still easily kill them, why they don't think to make temporary alliance to ganging him up ( i wonder why only mc friend looked like ganged up while other player not). Spear girl want to dueling him and still losing

In previous chapter, mc friend stated that everyone can join tournament, why that edgy guy labeled as intruder? Author just want make this arc more Intense while handicapped him cause he is evil guy. Imagine if he not hadicapped he will win this tournament easly and the whole arc become nonsense.

This series is so two dimensional, MC became girly in game, taku getting pursued by MC fans( why they not fighting each other, so what purpose they join tournament, and shouldn't they know MC is a man ? ), character looks more mature In the game while they are still a student. And if pkers is pure evil why no one tell developer to restrict the pkers movment, while player can inflict negative status to edgy guy, doesn't it make player have more authority to the system? If like that I would make 1 year event safe hunting for nubies in all area so pkers can only attack same or higher level player

Dex-chan lover
I can see both sides, but it's pretty obvious why PKers are painted as this evil stereotype in manga. Japanese MMOs are far more often PvE oriented with little or no room for PvP, hence the culture around it isn't nearly as well-developed.

Fed-Kun's army
@Edjan Let me answer this in order, 1st: Myuu and her friends are hardcore players, this is a competition and they are there to test their strenght, that is the reason why they fought each other. they care more about testing their strenght than simply helping each other reach the finals.

2nd: While a free for all, players still had to register to participate in the tournament. Flein was called an invader because he didn't.

3rd: Most players are jealous of Taku because he knows the three "sisters" irl. It's the good old "Normies must die" trope

4th:pKs are pure evil, but they are still following the rules, devs can't do a thing against a player that is playing by the rules.(even though they are abusing such rules)

5th: No, players don't know MC is a man, everyone believes he's just a tomboy girl, it doesn't help the fact that the MC is very good at cooking, sewing and acts like a mother to Myuu. So even though the MC keeps saying he is a man, no one believes him.

Lastly: Players don't have more authority than devs. However in this game, events hosted by guilds are pretty much endorsed by the devs. During such events the Guild Officers or event planners gain a level of authority similar to that of a GM, of course only in matters that concern their event.

Contributor
How could a player control the restrictions on the stats of other players? i dont remember if thi was an official or unofficial tournament

Dex-chan lover
@Kisato
Most of it is, since all it did is show us what Yun is doing to become the most OP player by acident.

Contributor
@mahtan Not really, I feel that the story does a pretty good job at making sure that we realize that Yun's not OP at all but rather that their character works unconventionally to what the meta is. Not to mention that they're a crafting class and
they can get completely ganked by stronger mobs such as the lightning horse.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer

1st : I know, but if they want to test they strength, should doing it in final where they can fight in the best shape

2nd : based on previous chapter no registration needed, so why he labeled as intruder?

3rd : yeah but why author use this trope on PvP tournament when player should focus to advance to final stage? but no they just pursue taku

4th : dev who can't make game safe for nubies, and let group of player handle this problem

5th : hmmm... Ok, what a logic they can look at other player statuses right?

Last : continued from 4th, Dev just grant crafting guild some system authority on this event to make other player get handicapped. Meanwhile in the previous chapter crafting guild confused to have solutions for pk guild movement. Shouldn't they( Dev + craft guild) make world event to hunt pkers, if pkers hunt nobies, they statuses decrease consecutive the more they killed, and if normal player fighting pk player they getting buffed.

Users who are viewing this thread