Until I Become Me - Vol. 1 Ch. 13.5 - Volume 1: Extras

Dex-chan lover
wow we finally see the shit dad, NGL this just made me hate him even more, wish we never saw him cause this makes me feel like the author just wanted us to feel sympathy for him or something....

but seriously this chapter just once again shows that the mom is the MVP, man I legit feel bad for her, hope her and akira reconcile soon

Dex-chan lover
@elefantine97 yup, what ironvader said, completely abandoned the mom and Akira, mom had to live with her mother again and get a job to support the MC and she's probably gotten fat from all the stress, the fact she didn't abandoned MC and is still somewhat trying to understand them makes her MVP to me, legit feel bad for her

Group Leader
Anyone remember what chapter talks about the dad? Because like, according to chapter 2 the reason they moved was because of the trauma Akria faced after being assaulted by his classmates (and the other mothers essentially forcing him out because they thought his illness could "spread" to their kids), not because of any divorce or anything.

I was always under the impression the dad stayed behind for work or something, because that's semi common in Japan for families to live apart due to one member's job. But don't get me wrong, I was also under the impression this was kind of an excuse because he didn't want to deal with Akria's issues. But I thought his mom and dad were still technically together?

Dex-chan lover
@IronVader501 @dokidoki ah i see, thank you
tho i don't remember whether the dad even made an appearance at all haha
ur right that the mom is mvp tho; not once has she ever unloaded her emotional baggage on her kid, and she only means well even when they're not on the same page
her and grandma are so supportive

Dex-chan lover
@gomichandesu Someone said chapter, but the author's preserailized verison of this story does delve more into Akira's life before transformation, including the parental arguements as well I think

Contributor
Stop shitting on the dad. His son literally got gender flipped, all of his previous relations with his son got completely flipped against him, yeah it was a shitty thing that the relationship broke down but I can definitely empathise with the poor sod it would take a very strong person to just accept it.

Aggregator gang
Shit dad is shit dad period. Just because your son turn into your daughter because of some disease is not a reason to abandon your family. If that reason is enough to abandon your family then he is not fit to be a dad / Man.

This father must be an eroge protagonist, because you can't see his face. *nods*

I kind of did a double take when reading this because I have an older brother named Akira, and he was also born way earlier than expected (which worried my mom to no end). Though my Akira was so early they had to put him into an incubator.

Users who are viewing this thread