Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Ch. 64 - Giffelt

Dex-chan lover
Wait so MC is willingly using a life stealing sword? that seems stupid. His everything has been to live and he's willingly using a life shortening (unknown how much) weapon makes ZERO SENSE.
Hmm.

Use the evil life stealing sword that slowly kills you.(and continue to gain trust of evil man to take him down)

Or refuse and either get executed or imprisoned or thrown away and let evil man run amok and maybe end the world or something.

Hard choice, makes no sense clearly.

Harold's goal is to stop Justus and his plots to save those he cares about. He isn't real particular about what happens to himself or the cost it takes to succeed. It's why he risked everything before, just to save his squad as much on his own as he could.

Dex-chan lover
I'm disappointed by Harold's need to use such a sword. Doesn't this basically mean it's a detail that was never revealed in the game? Harold was supposed to be an extremely difficult opponent for Liner's party, a mid boss, and neo-Harold based his expectations of Harold's level of power on that. Which is why he was driving himself so hard, to reach that level. Yet now it's revealed it was, to an unknown but clearly significant degree, thanks to a magic sword that expends the user's own life. In short, Harold never was as tough as the game made him look like.

But then again, these recent chapters did fool me once, by making Harold such a master actor that I assumed, against the clear evidence, that El is not Giffelt. So, I'm willing to also bet that Harold actually has no use for the sword (meaning Giffelt is wrong) and he only used the sword here to give Giffelt wrong information. So, maybe he lost a week from his life expectancy. Elsewhere he would just be dragging the cursed sword along, without using it, relying on his own power.

I mean, Harold's life was to be spared, after the corrupt judgement, if he served Justus, so it would be pretty pointless to voluntarily throw away that same life of his by using a self-leech sword. It would be like asking him to choose between two death sentences. Not much of an incentive.

I wish this was enough of an edgelord story for Harold to go and deal with the corrupt deliberation council on his spare time.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm.

Use the evil life stealing sword that slowly kills you.(and continue to gain trust of evil man to take him down)

Or refuse and either get executed or imprisoned or thrown away and let evil man run amok and maybe end the world or something.

Hard choice, makes no sense clearly.

Harold's goal is to stop Justus and his plots to save those he cares about. He isn't real particular about what happens to himself or the cost it takes to succeed. It's why he risked everything before, just to save his squad as much on his own as he could.
But its not like Harold had to be arrested, hes so powerful he could have easily gotten out of that situation or in the least killed Justus after being let out and then leaving. So very many options that arent "I'll carry and use this life stealing sword".

Remember MC is one of the most powerful beings in the world at even that point. This only happened cause author needed plot to happen.

Group Leader
Wait so MC is willingly using a life stealing sword? that seems stupid. His everything has been to live and he's willingly using a life shortening (unknown how much) weapon makes ZERO SENSE.
I'm disappointed by Harold's need to use such a sword. Doesn't this basically mean it's a detail that was never revealed in the game? Harold was supposed to be an extremely difficult opponent for Liner's party, a mid boss, and neo-Harold based his expectations of Harold's level of power on that. Which is why he was driving himself so hard, to reach that level. Yet now it's revealed it was, to an unknown but clearly significant degree, thanks to a magic sword that expends the user's own life. In short, Harold never was as tough as the game made him look like.

But then again, these recent chapters did fool me once, by making Harold such a master actor that I assumed, against the clear evidence, that El is not Giffelt. So, I'm willing to also bet that Harold actually has no use for the sword (meaning Giffelt is wrong) and he only used the sword here to give Giffelt wrong information. So, maybe he lost a week from his life expectancy. Elsewhere he would just be dragging the cursed sword along, without using it, relying on his own power.
Which is why he's dual-wielding. The cursed sword is just a back-up.

For all we know the sword's what killed game-Harold after he used it to fight with the hero party twice.

Fun fact: the manga accidentally has Harold dual-wielding in chapter 1, which is a Kazuki/Harold thing. They corrected the panel in the volume release.

Left: Web manga; Right: Volume release
015-comparison.jpg

Funnily enough, for all the SAO Kirito comments in the previous chapter.. Kazuki might’ve actually been inspired by Kirito :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread