Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - Fiancée's Brother

Dex-chan lover
@GreeneValley
That is perfectly fine.
I'm perfectly content with a "and they will most likely end up together in the future" thing. I just like happy endings you see, but the romance itself does not need to be the center of the story.

MD@Home
Well, aren't I ever so fucking glad the artist chose to make them look practically identical so that telling the fuckers apart becomes a real pain in the eyeballs!!

thanks for the translation! can't wait to see the match... well that is if us pleabs can even "see" the action lol

A slight difference in hair parting is not a character trait. Classic blunder of similar outlines. If both characters have the same shadow then they are functually the same person. I need to learn japanese so i can roast the artist properly.

Dex-chan lover
Isekai-ing from Japan but dealing to the Japan-ish country in the isekai.

I guess the author can't go too far to tell a story.

Had it not been an isekai, I wouldn't have given a thought that this story takes place beyond the modern Japan story.

Group Leader
@ryuumajin
well it's just the Sumeragi arc, it goes back to the usual isekai medieval setting after
Some notes, I think this arc also serves to present a "reverse culture shock" of sort for the Sumeragi with Harold. The boy supposedly never visited them before, and shouldn't be familiar with their culture at all, much like his father, but they found that he acts in the proper Sumeragi (Japanese) ways (except his rude af mouth) without them ever teaching him, with the sitting posture, tea tasting, changing shoes, cultures etc. This was observed and pointed out by Erica's mother during the meeting, but was cut from the manga likely due to time constraints. Anyway, in their mind, despite his rude words, Harold's respectful enough to follow all their traditions and cultures, and not in a newbie kind too, like foreigners struggling during their first tries.

Dex-chan lover
for the love of fuck can we stop using ableist slurs. or slurs in general. it's really not hard to avoid them in day to day conversation. it's not even a good translation. it's just the translator being a shithead with no social skills or contextual awareness. guys, i thought you were above this.

Dex-chan lover
The MC is already as generic as is with his looks but putting him beside MOB character #1 really displays that.

Users who are viewing this thread