Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Otaku & Gyaru & Sleepover

Dex-chan lover
Uh... not really no. You can find extreme cases, maybe, but apartments are generally cheaper in Japan than in, say, Canada. Even in Tokyo. I lived in Japan for 13 years and while most places aren't massive, it would be cheaper for me to get a 2LDK (2 bedroom with Living, Dining and Kitchen) in Nerima-ku in Tokyo than even a 1 bedroom where I live now in Canada
Diminishing population must be hitting really hard if it's like that in cities already. I've heard in the villages/small, remote towns you can buy whole houses for practically nothing.

Diminishing population must be hitting really hard if it's like that in cities already. I've heard in the villages/small, remote towns you can buy whole houses for practically nothing.
You can even find abandoned houses in Tokyo and other big cities for decent prices.

Dex-chan lover
You can even find abandoned houses in Tokyo and other big cities for decent prices.
The problem arises from the fact that most of these houses are old and do not meet current security and anti-earthquake measures standards, which would incur a significant cost if you were to buy one of these houses.

Dex-chan lover
The day he has to pick 1 it's going to be pain, so let's enjoy the good times👍🏾

Dex-chan lover
So did they work on the school fair thing? As I only saw Otaku actually making his Earth Kun head peice? Shouldn't they be panicking that they are running out of time? :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
The Ijichi's older brother's face of pure aggression when he offered to share a bed with Otaku had me spit out my water.

Dex-chan lover
Uh... not really no. You can find extreme cases, maybe, but apartments are generally cheaper in Japan than in, say, Canada. Even in Tokyo. I lived in Japan for 13 years and while most places aren't massive, it would be cheaper for me to get a 2LDK (2 bedroom with Living, Dining and Kitchen) in Nerima-ku in Tokyo than even a 1 bedroom where I live now in Canada
really jealous, the country where i live is much poorer, but our real estate is a lot more expensive in relative terms. we can barely afford a studio with our average wages T_T.

Doesn't Gen actually have quite a nice apartment by Japanese city standards? Some Japanese live in apartments with hardly more room than a train sleeper cabin.
He's late 20s and in IT. Ofc he'd be loaded (by that I mean living comfy at least) by now.

Dex-chan lover
can you give me an avg price on both jap and Canada?, I would like to compare it to india...I feel like india is a lot cheaper than both.

Dex-chan lover
can you give me an avg price on both jap and Canada?, I would like to compare it to india...I feel like india is a lot cheaper than both.
India is almost certainly cheaper than both. I'm sure it's possible to find exceptionally expensive places in India too, but the average should be substantially lower.

Price of a 1 bedroom by country.
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?itemId=26

Price of a 3 bedroom by country.
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?itemId=28

These are ostensibly for apartments in the "city centre", but $1400/mo for a 1 bedroom would be a goddamn steal in my city and I'm not even in a place like Toronto or Vancouver.

The problem arises from the fact that most of these houses are old and do not meet current security and anti-earthquake measures standards, which would incur a significant cost if you were to buy one of these houses.
Most times it ends up being cheaper to fix/renovate and not all of them are in disrepair. Given the state of the declining population, its in Japan's interest to provide incentives for foreigners that live there.

Users who are viewing this thread