Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Confession of Love

If the Queen is 30 and the Prince at his most youngest is 16-17… then she got pregnant at 14-15.... Tf

Double-page supporter
@Patikekfad "If the Queen is 30 and the Prince at his most youngest is 16-17… then she got pregnant at 14-15.... Tf"

It's a bad translation. The raw says 30代 (sanjuudai), which means "thirties (or 30s)" so she is in her 30s, but probably not exactly 30. I'm guessing she's anywhere from 35 to 39, although as far as I know, her exact numerical age has not been specifically stated anywhere (even in the novel).

On top of that, the translator also messed up her name. It should be Mylène (or Mylene), NOT Milaine. The katakana reads as ミレーヌ (Mirēnu). Just like this French-Canadian singer. Or these other examples, as well. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say the author was inspired by the Macross character with the same name.

Hopelessly stupid translators always make these kinds of basic mistakes. It takes around 5 minutes, tops, to research a katakana name, and yet so many translators don't bother with this simple step. If I sound agitated about it then it's because I've seen so many manga with character names all fucked up in their transliteration that I feel contempt whenever I see it.

Dex-chan lover
The queen is surprisingly cute...

@Sola @Patikekfad Uh... What am I missing. This chapter is listed as uploaded 10 months ago. Your comments are 1 month and 9 days old.
And the text CLEARLY says "in her 30s", not "30".
But well, even IF she was 30. Isekai settings are normally Middle Ages. 15yo would be definitely old enough to have children.
People need to learn to embrace the universal logic and laws of the universe of the story they're reading, not the ones from our world. In Song of Fire and Ice, that guy, the Dwarf. Didn't his father hire him a prostitute when he was 13? And isn't Daenerys like 14 in the first book?

You are right, they mention that she is in her thirties on one of the pages. But I am also right, on page 20 they write "30-year old lady".
On the matter of age, to get the Queen pregnant at 14 is weird to me in this kind of setting since it is a very matriarchal society after all... That's all mate, you read to much into it.

Double-page supporter
@Patikekfad I guess instead of using the phrase "woman in her thirties" all over and over again, "30-year old lady" seems quite suitable too

Users who are viewing this thread