Otoyomegatari - Vol. 13 Ch. 94 - Crossroads

Dex-chan lover
LOL what? Did he just take part in a battle with the Tsar's soldiers? Вечер перестаёт быть томным, товарищи.

Dex-chan lover
fuck war, all ma boys rather stay home and chill with their waifus

Double-page supporter
Russian infantry has always been the worst branch in the Russian Empire armed forces compared to the cavalry or artillery ever since Napoleonic wars, these guys are probably conscript mobilized in Caspian region.

But damn Nikolovski sure has one hell of a plot armor.

Dex-chan lover
It's been so long, I forget why hes even travelling in the first place.
Why cant he go home and start a wonderful life with his wife?

Dex-chan lover
@lastKANAshimi It sounds quite ironic in the context of the revolution or the collapse of the USSR, even very much.

@Nihilist1 Judging by his last name, he is Russian himself. Although Nik also looks like a random image of an Uzbek from the national painting of those times, lol.

P.S. Worse or not worse, but this did not really bother Suvorov or even Peter the Great.

Double-page supporter
@SuperOniichan An Uzbek with Russian name might not be that uncommon on that era knowing that Russia and various Central Asia nationalities have exchanged contacts since 18th century.

I know, that's why I specifically mentioned 'ever since Napoleonic wars' cuz that era shows the widest disparity of Russian military branches as the reflection of their social hierarchy as well as their bureaucratic leadership that became even more complicated after Peter the Great . Cavalry for the nobles and Artillery for the educated while Infantry mostly filled with serfs and peasants. So if the infantry were portrayed to be highly incompetent in historical accounts or other works I will not be surprised.

Dex-chan lover
Kaoru Mori doesn’t usually do tragedy in her manga, but yeah genuinely thought she’d dip her toes in it for this chapter.
Was Smith’s original plan to go back to Amira and fam? Would they even be there if the war has reached that far...

Users who are viewing this thread