Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 111 - SCP-1295

Dex-chan lover
Weird combination of 4 horsemen and some of the 7 deadly sins.
4 Horsemen are typically considered Conquest/Pestilence, War, Famine and Death. In a recent video game series, it's Fury, War, Strife and Death.
7 deadly sins are Wrath, Avarice [often just called Greed], Gluttony, Pride, Lust, Envy and Sloth.
I mean, first two obviously caused "Sloth" and "Gluttony" as their effects. Yet, number 3 and 4 don't fit with deadly sins... number 3 can potentially be considered a weird interpretation of pestilence [living beings typically require microbes inside of them to actually help digest food and whatnot, so losing those means death] , but I have a hard time pinpointing the 4th effect. It's kind of a form of "Cowardice", which doesn't really fall into either of those categories. Maybe it's just a version of the rider representing "Death"? People are so afraid of death that they stop taking actions to prolong their life?

Edit: Now that I think about it, second one could indeed be Famine, as @strider_01 points out.

Contributor
@shurim Awesome work as always! Glad to see you still doing scanlation work, even if it isn't Tensei Slime or Word Master. :p

Fed-Kun's army
@Voij

Actually, I think that what happens is we see the opposite of what each horseman does when they are prevented from going into the diner:

War: When the Horseman of War is stopped from his daily routine, instead of causing fighting or violence, people become the opposite and refuse to do anything.

Famine: When his daily routine is stopped, instead of people starving they are driven to eat anything within their reach.

Pestilence: When his daily routine is stopped, ALL bacteria and viruses are erased within a certain perimeter around him. Even the beneficial bacteria in our body can kill us if it gets into the wrong part of the body or grows to be too numerous for our body to handle.

Death: Instead of bringing about death, people suddenly grow overly sensitive to danger and the possibility of death. So people become paranoid and try their hardest to avoid death.

@Voij I think the symbols on each of them depict what they represent. The crown is generally worn by Pestilence/Conquest and on the head of the first is a crown on the hat. Famine is generally shown to carry scales as his tool, and on the shirt of the second old man is scales. The third one is probably Death because he is covered in skulls and the Japanese on his chest says death. And finally the last one would be War if this was correct, also because he is carrying a sword the weapon of War.

Also if you look at the color scheme this backs me up. Conquest is white and is the rider of the White horse, Famine is the rider of the Black horse and he is dressed in black, War is the rider of the Red horse and the last old man is red. Death is the only one that isn't exactly colored pale but in some artwork of the horsemen the pale horse sort of looks blue.

@Kneel_Breen Or what he said but from a different view. The lethargy prevents people from acting, and in a sense action is conquest of ones day. I agree with the statement on Famine, but the third one is probably just death of something small that wouldn't be noticed too drastically. And the final old man prevents action that could cause harm, and an action that causes the most harm is war. Something like that.

Dex-chan lover
I can't lie I'm really fond of the ojisans of the apocalypse here. I have a real soft spot for SCP that clearly COULD blast through containment, and COULD cause untold damage... but so long as you kind of leave them be where they are, it's fine.

Dex-chan lover
But why wait? I mean they could've subtly instigated some mean shit or something, at the height of the Red Scare, at that.🤐
Also, Referring the good old book:

White Horse - Conquest - stache Dude with the cap (with a crown logo)
Red Horse - War - Dude with the dapper red suit
Black Horse - Famine - balding Dude with black coat and a weighing scale logo on his shirt
Pale Horse - Death - hooligan stache Dude with the "obvious kanji is obvious" desigin on his shirt

Dex-chan lover
So the Four Horsemen thought that World War II was going to be the end of the world and came to Earth and then it turned out not to be that bad? Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread