[Mainsite] Pages Load Slowly After 6:00 PM (CST) on MangaDex

Double-page supporter
I've noticed a problem with MangaDex's main site, where pages start to load slower after 6:00 PM (CST). When I try to view a chapter, it fails to load at least one page, and sometimes the page(s) doesn't load at all. Even after trying to reload the page(s) or clearing cookies, the page(s) still won't load if it hasn't loaded within a minute.

The issue gets progressively worse as the night goes on, with more and more pages failing to load. This has happened with multiple manga titles, so it's not specific to a single series.

I usually read manga before bed between 10:00 and 11:00 PM, and it's become insufferable. Every time I finish reading a page and move on to the next, I'm disappointed to see that it hasn't loaded. This problem is happening from my location in KS, USA, and I don't believe it's related to my internet speed since I can access other websites without any issues.

Overall, I'm having trouble accessing MangaDex's main site in the evenings, and it's impacting my ability to enjoy reading manga. I hope the support team can help resolve this issue soon.

=== Other Details ===
  • Browser: Safari
  • Device: MacBook Air
  • Date it started: Since the codebase migration

Screenshot_2023-02-15_at_7.09.46_PM.png
Screenshot_2023-02-15_at_7.17.38_PM.png
Thank you for your assistance.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Based on what i've seen on discord it seems localized to NA-EAST (Look at the bottom of https://uploads.mangadex.org/ to see where you're connected) and haven't seen any staff talk about it yet so if possible it'd probably be best to see if you can use a vpn to reach another node when it starts happening

And shouldn't this be in support rather than bugs?

Double-page supporter
Based on what i've seen on discord it seems localized to NA-EAST (Look at the bottom of https://uploads.mangadex.org/ to see where you're connected) and haven't seen any staff talk about it yet so if possible it'd probably be best to see if you can use a vpn to reach another node when it starts happening

And shouldn't this be in support rather than bugs?
Yes, it is NA-EAST. I was wondering if it had something to do with the API.

Users who are viewing this thread