Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Vol. 9 Ch. 170

Dex-chan lover
What the hell is this zoomerbabble?
Allow me to translate ahem
Like idk what the author is milking here ts is pissing me on on some tyshi finna drop this bih lowk
"Like, I don't know what the author is milking here this shit is pissing me off (dunno what the fuck tyshi means here but context clues it into "if it keeps up") I'm finally gonna drop this bitch lowkey"

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Ooya-san struggling to keep conscious...
XD...

Supporter
Why do romcoms always treat confessing like some formal procedure you need to go through to officially date? Like, these two dumbasses already made it pretty clear to each other they have mutual feelings. Both know it, both want to date each other. There is quite literally nothing stopping them from becoming an item other than this dumbfuck notion that they can't do it until one of them goes "I hereby profess my feelings of love for you and humbly request to enter a formal romantic relationship with you".

There is no fucking point to this shit other than to drag things out and milk this "will they, won't they" (they obviously will) bullshit that no one fucking enjoys.
Because in japan there is a formal procedure. You are supposed to confess your feelings to become a couple.

Group Leader
I know, Landlady, it's almost as if they're trapped in a cruel farce by a malevolent god!

A malevolent god who then has the balls to actually lampshade this, letting us know that he knows that we know that he knows.

And I honestly don't see why just confessing would mean the manga is over. There are plenty of great manga (many listed in this thread) where the confession is at the beginning or middle of the series. It just opens up a whole new set of plots. If your non-harem manga ends just because they confessed you suck as a writer.

Dex-chan lover
Why do romcoms always treat confessing like some formal procedure you need to go through to officially date? Like, these two dumbasses already made it pretty clear to each other they have mutual feelings. Both know it, both want to date each other. There is quite literally nothing stopping them from becoming an item other than this dumbfuck notion that they can't do it until one of them goes "I hereby profess my feelings of love for you and humbly request to enter a formal romantic relationship with you".

There is no fucking point to this shit other than to drag things out and milk this "will they, won't they" (they obviously will) bullshit that no one fucking enjoys.
In Japan they do kind of make confessions a whole ass procedure, especially in high school

Dex-chan lover
Insomniacs after School is my gold standard. It has a very natural feeling way of writing a relationship that's usually not found in manga/anime
Insomniacs is pretty much %90 drama and human condition - %10 romance though. It doesn't even end conclusively. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is looking for something like Horimiya.

Dex-chan lover

U think this isn’t an IRL problem? Because fyi, it is, and especially in Japan of all places; the other problem is she knows both of their feelings yet he doesn’t, but she doesn’t want to be the one who says it, which again is also an IRL problem everywhere and hence y a lot of stories use it as a plot device + it drags the story on (which I rather the author didn’t but it’s quite obvious y they do and why they would)

Also not to mention the problem stems from how much cutting happens in the series, ie the pacing, I’ve seen so many people say “oh but almost 200 chapters”, 200 of these chapters is like 70 normal chapters of most romance mangas

I agree on authors overall not dragging and being so annoying/overdoing situations, but thinking these things r just narrative problems is hilarious (not to mention some do this and some don’t, different strokes for different folks authors included)

Dex-chan lover
The is the first time I've ever seen a relationship develop entirely through mistakenly blurted out words. These people are spouting entire essays then cut off on the last word like everything they just said was an accident.

Dex-chan lover
I'm amazed Ooya-san is still standing and not collapsed on the ground, foaming at the mouth.

Dex-chan lover
Why's he beating around the bush? Just tell me directly, damn it!
I'd swear at you right now, but they haven't invented the words that would capture my incandescent rage at the hypocrisy of this thought balloon.

Users who are viewing this thread