Put the chapter's comments into it's page bottom. :rejected:

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that people want of a manga reader website is community, and the way to connect with that is normally with the comments.

The problem is that the implementation of comments in Mangadex is not much accessible, you need to exit from the chapter page and go to the chapter's comments page, which can decrease the comment activity in Mangadex.

Fed-Kun's army
If they can keep direct access to the comments, sure. Because you know, I hate it on othe sites where you have to load the chapter you have already read before going to the comment section.

Dex-chan lover
That's a

-1​

from me. The databases are already dying as is.

Group Leader
Hard Pass with Halo on this one. Comments are usually toxic anyway, so I really enjoy not having it pushed in my face as I read the end of my chapter. It feels like more of a choice to go read the shit show when I have to actively click to it and then I can only blame myself for being stupid lol

Fed-Kun's army
... Massive no. Who let Pedobear out from his "exile" in the catholic church anyway?

Dex-chan lover
Also a -1 from me, particularly in long strips; that would mean you can't just permascroll. You could argue it could be option-able but that would mean people will have to swapping options when they switch between manhwa and manga. Also comments are usually toxic anyways; I don't want it peeking out from the bottom.

Sometimes you want to dive into the toxic zone, sometimes you won't. Better to have a barrier, before you make your choice

Dex-chan lover
No. I want comments to be harder to find so there's less low-effort shit to wade through.

I agree with Mav, there are times when I want to re-read comments from a previous chapter on other sites and I either scroll through or quickly jump to the last page just to see comments. Annoying, so it's -1 from me.

I like being able to see the numbers of comments and kind of guess whether it's a shit show or it's people reacting positively to something that happened in that chapter and ultimately be able to choose to see it or not.

Also, I don't want to scroll accidentally to the comments of a chapter when I'm binging something.

Dex-chan lover
bottom page is a no. somewhere else is maybe okay.
just don't let this be a burden

i don't want bottom of page either. It is an enough of an issue to get pages to load on a regular basis. I could see adding a link to jump to the chapter comments.

I would however like to see a change to the comments page. Right now depending on how you enter them you see either oldest first with the ability to walk through them or you see the 20 newest comments and a button at the bottom that basically says read older comments or something like that. Then in some cases you have to start jumping around to get back to where you were. Just have one method, I would think it would make the most sense have all comments ordered newest to oldest and show with the movement buttons.

Dex-chan lover
Please, every fujoshi knows Comments-kun would never bottom for anyone, not even Chapter-senpai.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I did consider embedding the comments into the chapter page in some way when I was implementing the reader. On desktop especially people have suggested embedding them into the sidebar.

The responses in this thread pretty much echo my sentiments. Concerns include not only having to read generally shitty comments and spoilers, it also encourages commenting before even having finished reading the chapter. I don't care for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread