Raise Nante Nai Kara - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, it's cool to have confirmation that they've yet to/aren't planning on transitioning. I wonder if they are planning on doing anything in regards to that, as it's still not super common in Japan and more likely that they just live as Otokonoko. I'm curious if they've even started hormones etc. since I hear that it's common to be on that for like a year before even doing top surgery, and much longer for bottom. Either way, hope they are happier and able to find someone that accepts them, whatever they choose in life.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, it's cool to have confirmation that they've yet to/aren't planning on transitioning. I wonder if they are planning on doing anything in regards to that, as it's still not super common in Japan and more likely that they just live as Otokonoko. I'm curious if they've even started hormones etc. since I hear that it's common to be on that for like a year before even doing top surgery, and much longer for bottom. Either way, hope they are happier and able to find someone that accepts them, whatever they choose in life.
I mean it could just be another Ototsuku type situation. When it comes to manga like this I usually am somewhat skeptical if the author even is aware of or knowledgeable about LGBT stuff or if they're just writing crossdressing literature that accidentally manages to be a trans allegory. It depends on the author really, like I'm fairly certain Norito is knowledgeable about it so I don't really need it more explicitly to assume.

Only confirmed thing right now is that they're doing this because it might give them a chance of fulfilling their love (like Hiura).

Thanks for the TL! Glad this is continuing. This is really cute so far.

shouldn't boys love be removed since the other person is trans now?

Literally said this in last chapter's discussion page

Being straight is a sexuality.

Gender has nothing to do with sex right?

So as I said, it would still be yaoi/shounen ai even if the character in question transitioned.

And Japanese does not tag things based on gender identity, just sex.

Yuri will always be 2 biological females, Yaoi/BL will always be 2 biological males.

It's only Americans who do this for some reason... And it's really annoying?

Not only do they just erase a gay couple but also infringe on what lesbian, gay and heterosexual mean. Words mean nothing I guess...

Banned

Are you incapable of reading a story about a crossdresser without questioning if they're trans or not? If they're gonna get bottom surgery, be on hormones, etc?

What's wrong with you? No normal person are asking these questions.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Are you incapable of reading a story about a crossdresser without questioning if they're trans or not? If they're gonna get bottom surgery, be on hormones, etc?

What's wrong with you? No normal person are asking these questions.

Literally never really think about it with other ones at all. This one SPECIFICALLY has mentioned several times about wanting to be a girl in their next life, and specifically talked distressingly about how their body is still that of a male. So it's pretty damn pertinent to this specific story wouldn't you say? Are you incapable of reading a story about a crossdresser that explicitly talks about wanting to be a girl without rampant anti-trans hate spewing from your mouth?

I mean, I get it, I'm sure there are plenty of crossdresser stories where people constantly try to say the character is trans. And usually they would be wrong, the queer culture in Japan is very different from the west in regards to living as a women, with Otokonoko culture vs. Trans culture. But trans culture is not non-existent there either.

I get it, people wanting to inject trans discussions into every crossdressing manga are wrong and annoying, but people like you that refuse to even discuss it even when a manga like this is EXTREMELY obviously one of the actual few that is talking about it is just as bad if not worse. Not every femboy is trans, I understand, but you don't have to be so overzealous about protecting your femboys that you spew hatred in a story that is obviously leaving open the discussion about the subject.

Fed-Kun's army
Literally never really think about it with other ones at all. This one SPECIFICALLY has mentioned several times about wanting to be a girl in their next life, and specifically talked distressingly about how their body is still that of a male. So it's pretty damn pertinent to this specific story wouldn't you say? Are you incapable of reading a story about a crossdresser that explicitly talks about wanting to be a girl without rampant anti-trans hate spewing from your mouth?

I mean, I get it, I'm sure there are plenty of crossdresser stories where people constantly try to say the character is trans. And usually they would be wrong, the queer culture in Japan is very different from the west in regards to living as a women, with Otokonoko culture vs. Trans culture. But trans culture is not non-existent there either.

I get it, people wanting to inject trans discussions into every crossdressing manga are wrong and annoying, but people like you that refuse to even discuss it even when a manga like this is EXTREMELY obviously one of the actual few that is talking about it is just as bad if not worse. Not every femboy is trans, I understand, but you don't have to be so overzealous about protecting your femboys that you spew hatred in a story that is obviously leaving open the discussion about the subject.
How is this "extremely obvious"?

There's no signs of disphoria, no signs of actually wanting to be a girl for any other reason than him loving his friend. If that changes in the future so be it but for now it's weird to call it a trans story.

Banned

Didn't I see you in a few other crossdressing manga comments saying this too?

Also, questioning if he's gonna get "bottom surgery" is... Kinda weird man...

Dex-chan lover
Didn't I see you in a few other crossdressing manga comments saying this too?

Also, questioning if he's gonna get "bottom surgery" is... Kinda weird man...
You saw me in the previous chapter of this specific manga, that's it. This is literally the only crossdressing manga of all the ones I've read that gave me cause to even discuss being trans, so I guess I never until now understood how anti-trans crossdressing manga fans were. It's pretty disappointing and gross. But I guess I did remember there being some huge uproar about some fighting game character that they made trans. And I mean, I've read comments in obvious BL crossdressing manga with people being outright homophobic while continuing to read it as well, so I guess nothing should surprise me anymore.

Like what you're doing right now?

Yeah, because this single manga represents all crossdressing manga. I've literally never discussed it in any others, and saw no reason to. So I guess I wasn't aware of how hateful some of the community was to even the suggestion of it even in a story that is like the only one I've seen where the conversation had merit. I just don't understand what the big deal is tbh, like, why live with that much hate and anger towards something? Isn't it exhausting?

Dex-chan lover

I personally read it as Suzaku wishing they were born a girl because it’d mean a much higher chance at their crush reciprocating them, not necessarily because of any gender dysphoria or the like. Like the question here is would Suzaku have done all this and said all of that if MC had said yes? I think the answer is honestly no at the moment. Subject to change with further information and all but vague currently.

Otostuku has a similar thing where Hiura talks a couple of times about becoming a girl or wishing he was born a woman but that’s really only because a hetero relationship is more favorably viewed and more likely to be reciprocated.

Dex-chan lover
I personally read it as Suzaku wishing they were born a girl because it’d mean a much higher chance at their crush reciprocating them, not necessarily because of any gender dysphoria or the like. Like the question here is would Suzaku have done all this and said all of that if MC had said yes? I think the answer is honestly no at the moment. Subject to change with further information and all but vague currently.

Otostuku has a similar thing where Hiura talks a couple of times about becoming a girl or wishing he was born a woman but that’s really only because a hetero relationship is more favorably viewed and more likely to be reciprocated.
I mean, that very well could be the case, but unlike Hiura where I don't think him being trans is even slightly a viable thing to discuss, this one does open at least the possibility to discuss it to me. And honestly, as much as I like Huira and that story, there is something very dangerous and kinda messed up about wanting to change genders just because a straight person doesn't reciprocate your feelings. Like, that goes way into some things that people literally get killed for because of "tricking" a straight person into being attracted to them, then they find out and assault or murder them, and changing yourself that much for someone that doesn't accept you is (while understandable) a very troubling mindset to have. That doesn't mean it doesn't lead to interesting stories, but from gay friends I've talked to it's an extremely dangerous mindset to have, not just for their own mental health, but their actual physical well-being as well.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, that very well could be the case, but unlike Hiura where I don't think him being trans is even slightly a viable thing to discuss, this one does open at least the possibility to discuss it to me. And honestly, as much as I like Huira and that story, there is something very dangerous and kinda messed up about wanting to change genders just because a straight person doesn't reciprocate your feelings. Like, that goes way into some things that people literally get killed for because of "tricking" a straight person into being attracted to them, then they find out and assault or murder them, and changing yourself that much for someone that doesn't accept you is (while understandable) a very troubling mindset to have. That doesn't mean it doesn't lead to interesting stories, but from gay friends I've talked to it's an extremely dangerous mindset to have, not just for their own mental health, but their actual physical well-being as well.
That's quite literally what's happening in this manga though. The only reason MC in this series even considered dressing as a girl in the first place was because of his crush not being able to see him romantically. That's also still the only reason he's still doing it (to the best of our knowledge).

This is also a common trope among crossdressing bl manga and has been for ages. In 95% of these ones there's not a lick of trans-ness in them. I still don't understand whatsoever where the fact that you believe this MC is trans comes from; there's no evidence of him wanting to be a girl for any other reason other than his crush.

Dex-chan lover
That's quite literally what's happening in this manga though. The only reason MC in this series even considered dressing as a girl in the first place was because of his crush not being able to see him romantically. That's also still the only reason he's still doing it (to the best of our knowledge).

This is also a common trope among crossdressing bl manga and has been for ages. In 95% of these ones there's not a lick of trans-ness in them. I still don't understand whatsoever where the fact that you believe this MC is trans comes from; there's no evidence of him wanting to be a girl for any other reason other than his crush.
Initially it was because of the 6 month break from school, which read to me (and many others) as them possibly starting hormone treatments or something of the like. Though of course it could also just have been them learning how to dress as a girl/do makeup/let their hair grow out etc. It's not like it's just me, this specific story generated that conversation in all sorts of other forums, including ones where being trans is not usually a topic associated with crossdressing stories.

Also, the way they broke down from the rejection and claimed that they wanted to be a girl seemed more like it was a greater realization of wanting to be a girl, outside of just this one specific romantic interest. Like, I'm 100% okay with this story if being trans never comes into it, and wouldn't be surprised as it's not a topic discussed in this genre much. Which is why I was so surprised that I (and again, many others), felt like this one was one that actually was broaching the topic. But I also hope that they comes to terms with their gender in a way that is deeper than just wanting a specific romantic partner so they're willing to completely change it just for that. Like, that's pretty messed up from a mental health standpoint, and if I were their friend I'd want to have some serious discussions with them about it from that angle before getting into any kind of relationship.

More than anything though, this whole manga has taught me about a very ugly side of the crossdressing manga fandom that I guess I wish I was able to stay oblivious to. It's been pretty disappointing really.

so I guess I never until now understood how anti-trans crossdressing manga fans were.

You're generalizing here. And maybe it seems that way for good reason no? I see this type of discussion almost everywhere with almost every crossdresser and femboy. Be it on here or twitter.
I just don't understand what the big deal is tbh, like, why live with that much hate and anger towards something? Isn't it exhausting?

Nobody here is angry. We are just tired of the same ol' discussion.

Let's flip this, you have trans characters but a lot of the discussion is how they might be femboys or they may detransition later and it's like that for a good amount of trans characters.

That'd be really annoying wouldn't it? To have characters you see yourselves in being questioned if they are the things you like about them. You start feeling like you're invalid in the eyes of these people no?

Users who are viewing this thread