Raise wa Tanin ga Ii

thank you so so much for your work to the current scanlations team!! was really happy to see a new chapter up after the mini break, hope you're all taking care of yourselves and looking forward to what's in store next <3

The first few chapters feels like a mess with how bad it is at trying to convey the story to make us feel invested. It feels like a bait, but a bait for dropping the series. The artstyle for the "important" (subjectively) panels also doesn't help at relaying the story. It is getting better but even the author earlier work somehow feels better even at only chapter 1 than this manga prelude.

It has a lot of potential for sure tho.

I'm too invested in this. I love Shouma. Seeing him and Kirishima interact over Yoshino. Why can't hot men fight over me? Or hot women? I don't discriminate.

I cannot express how much I love this manga and how happy it makes me to see this one get picked back up again! I love the story and how the artist uses so many tiny details to flesh out the characters, tell the story, and keep the continuity going. Plus Yoshino is a total boss.

Thank you Juice Box Scans!

Don't tell people they deserve to get cancer.
If you like NTR, think NTR is fine in stories, or anything of the like you deserve to get cancer.

Read a few chapters after the NTR to see if there was anything redeeming, but no the story is just a fake deep bland shit show.

The only good thing worth reading for is the art style and even then it doesn’t make up nearly enough.

Hope to save some peoples time by commenting this as each chapter is quite a long read just to be let down once you start getting invested.

Fed-Kun's army
YMMV: This is seinen and has ‘psychological’ in the description. The mangaka has said it’s a campy parody of yakuza stories. If you’re thinking ‘arranged marriage’ means an eventual happy ending you’ll probably be disappointed but if you’re up for some intense drama and prefer a badass FL, you might like this one.

Last edited:
This is my late fav manga. Ive been following it since vol 2. I like the characters development the author created, as well as twisted personalities, so i like main male character. Plus is fun to read so many comments in so many places complaining bout him being a cheater, when main female character doesnt, even she knows his behaviour. Projection?

I must thank the current scalators for picking up the story. It was neglected lately, so youve made such great work for us fans. ❤️❤️❤️

Fed-Kun's army
wanna ask ya’ll a question.
as of ch 37.1, do you think yoshino has romantic feelings for kirishima? I don’t think she does, but I’d like to read your opinions.

I base my assumption on several things. sure, she accepted to formally date him, but that’s not much in the context of the story and their relationship. she cares about him, like someone would about an acquaintance, a friend.
if she got mad at his constant cheating and forced him to date her exclusively, then that would indicate that something is changing in her romantic attitude towards him. do you guys think that’d be a good litmus test or am I oversimplifying things?

wanna ask ya’ll a question.
as of ch 37.1, do you think yoshino has romantic feelings for kirishima? I don’t think she does, but I’d like to read your opinions.

I base my assumption on several things. sure, she accepted to formally date him, but that’s not much in the context of the story and their relationship. she cares about him, like someone would about an acquaintance, a friend.
if she got mad at his constant cheating and forced him to date her exclusively, then that would indicate that something is changing in her romantic attitude towards him. do you guys think that’d be a good litmus test or am I oversimplifying things?
I think she may have some physical attraction to him (given her good impression of him in their very first meeting) and agree that she's grown to care for him as a friend (they're that at the very least), but I'm not sure she feels that strongly about him; at least enough to where she'd agree to stay in Tokyo/marry him out of her own interest.

Kirishima pointed out to Renji that Yoshino's the type of person to adapt to her surroundings, no matter how troublesome it may be. I'd say there's a good portion of their relationship is built on her being used to his weird behavior and thus learning to communicate with him. She probably still has reservations with how unpredictable and guarded he can be, but her view of him has definitely changed over time (wanting to give gifts to him every birthday, sleeping in the hall while waiting for him, etc).

It's hard to say if her getting mad over him cheating would be a good litmus test for her feelings. She'd get mad regardless if he involved another fwb in the yakuza world since she asked him not to involve other people in his business. Like his hookups seem to be largely transactional, like for networking and getting info. He justifies the whole thing with Nao as being 'for Yoshino's sake' (eye roll). While I don't think him cheating is out of the question in the future, we haven't seen him meet with anyone since they agreed to be bf/gf so he could be making effort.

If not, I'm not sure if she'd be actually disappointed in him and/or just not surprised. Again, I don't think she has high expectations for a romantic relationship with him. Maybe since they've become more 'intimate' with each other, she'll ask abt his relationships again the future and we'll get some insight into all that

Users who are viewing this thread