Recommendations for isekai/reincarnation manga that has a significant focus on early life?

Posted this on Reddit too, but wanted more suggestions from here. I tend to like the early parts of isekai more than the later parts because I like when the MC is adjusting to their new body and world and the early parts of Oshi no Ko made me want to read more manga similar to that. I want something where the characters are actually reborn and sentient and not just having their memories returned later like in Villianess or Bookworm. Bonus points if it’s multiple characters reincarnated like Oshi no Ko, and any genre works for me. One shots of a decent length would be fine too. Thanks!

Contributor
You can find your happiness in the villainess genre. :pepehmm:

You can find your happiness in the villainess genre. :pepehmm:
Any specific recommendations for that genre? I didn't like the way it was handled in Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... , but outside of that I have no experience in the genre.

Group Leader
Any specific recommendations for that genre?
A good number of Villainess comics made recently (think 2020+) mostly focus on either before the "academy arc", when they should be exiled or whatever, or on the post-exile so you get a lot of exposition on the academy life usually through flashbacks, so in one way or another you get to enjoy a lot of the "early life" of the villainess in one way or another.

Going back to the original topic, scanning my library here are some comics I think you might like:
  • Otome Game no Mob Desura Nandaiga, in which the reincarnator watches over a girl that is supposed to be a future villainess; the guy kinda has to deal with being a kid and all.
  • Fuyu Fenrir no Itoshigo, so far has been literally only about a girl coming to terms with the new reality she's in and we are currently at 21 translated chapters.
  • Otome Game no Heroni de Saikyou Survival, it's one of those villainess comics (though the reincarnator is not a villainess here) where it focuses heavily on the "before the villain arc", so you have a main character adapting to the new world while also escaping the original story.
  • Isekai ni Otosareta... Joukan ha Kihon!, it's basically about a guy that does not understand anything about what is happening around him and discovers new things as chapters go by.
I could probably list some others, but my lists are too long so these will do for now.

Contributor
What do you really want ?
  • adaptation to a new world during the childhood
  • childhood in a new world
  • adaptation to a new world ?

Users who are viewing this thread