[Mainsite] Reporting not working [Fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
There are some reports I'd like to make, to correct some information: for instance, that this and this have the same author, or that this is a shoujo manga and not a shounen one.

However, if I click on the “report” button, the “Reason” drop-down menu appears to load indefinitely, without ever actually loading. If I ignore it and try to make the report anyway, nothing happens.

Now, I recognise that my usage of a certain niche browser might be making things more difficult than they need to be. I'd like to ask, however: Is this working as intended, or could I hope for it to be corrected at some point?

Thanks in advance.

Group Leader
Consult the holy shitlist.

No, that's not intended, and no, it's not a known issue.
  1. I hadn't seen this before, thank you.
  2. So! I tried the first item on that list, and told NoScript to set all scripts to “temporarily trusted”. Then I tried reporting again, and it worked.
    But that's not the only thing. After I revoked the temporary trust, I tried making another report, and it worked as well. Smells like a ReCAPTCHA issue to me.
In any event, the short-term problem has been fixed, so thank you again.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
  1. I hadn't seen this before, thank you.
  2. So! I tried the first item on that list, and told NoScript to set all scripts to “temporarily trusted”. Then I tried reporting again, and it worked.
    But that's not the only thing. After I revoked the temporary trust, I tried making another report, and it worked as well. Smells like a ReCAPTCHA issue to me.
In any event, the short-term problem has been fixed, so thank you again.
Reports, account creation, and a couple other endpoints that I can't remember are locked behind reCAPTCHA v3. It's probably silently failing in the background because of the scripts you're blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread