Restore comments for deleted and then reuploaded chapters [tentatively Planned]

Group Leader
Back then after the hacking incident, when the site just got reopened, the only way to make changes to a chapter was to delete it and then reupload the fixed version, which also had the extra effect of killing all the comments made for the old chapter. After a while the site was updated to include the edit function but before that I had to delete a couple chapters to upload fixes (the chapters were originally uploaded before the site went down so they already had comments) so I'd like to know if it's possible to "reassign" the comments to those.

I'm sure a few people had to do the same so in case it is feasible to reassign the comments, maybe it could be possible to open a specific thread for people to request the restoration of comments for specific chapters?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Should be possible, but we'll need to map the deleted comment threads to v5 UUIDs (currently imported as v3 IDs) before we can actually figure out which thread belongs to which chapter.

XF lets me merge threads, which takes care of the actual comment issue after that.

Group Leader
Oh, it's good to know it's possible. I hope it gets done eventually. Thanks for the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread