Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai - Ch. 87

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Different person, different priority...
XD...

Dex-chan lover
Thank god "That person/group" isn't anywhere near this manga and these last two chapter

Edit: I'm sorry for how vague it was but I was talking about Kyuukei the out of pocket and unhinged comments they would have put at the end would be life sentence wrong

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Who are you talking about?

There are some groups (and one notorious one) who pick up long untranslated series and pump out a couple extremely low effort MTLs as pretense to ask for patreon donos to continue. This has earned alot off peoples ire. Honestly though it’s just best to ignore the talk about that as it’s a very trivial thing to just block said group so you don’t see their “releases“ in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Were a few chapters deleted?
This is the 3rd time this arc is being uploaded...

Supporter
There are some groups (and one notorious one) who pick up long untranslated series and pump out a couple extremely low effort MTLs as pretense to ask for patreon donos to continue. This has earned alot off peoples ire. Honestly though it’s just best to ignore the talk about that as it’s a very trivial thing to just block said group so you don’t see their “releases“ in the first place.
Like the ape?

I half expected Omurice to say they gave it to GD since they love sitting on series until someone releases something, and then machine-gun release stuff.

Group Leader
Do groups get a lot of donations? Why I dont get it? My pocket money is all finished. NVM just kidding

Dex-chan lover
WHAT is GD?
a group that has a really wide selection of titles they "translate", but release most of those at a rate of 1 per year or at least months (depending)- as a result of it being way too wide for their capacity. But apparently keep a couple in stock for each title so that if anyone appears to take care of the series GD suddenly stakes their claim/territory (despite having clearly dropped the title) by releasing a batch of chapters to match the other translator (or sometimes maybe one extra chapter), until they made the other tl back off. And then returns to figuratively never releasing anything (because of having gone too wide and staking claim on more titles than they can support).

Which understandably pisses people off.

edit: I went to their page on mangaupdates and opened a handful of titles, finding a few examples where this happened, because citation is always desirable :D (to be clear, it is only a minority of the ones I opened, though that might be more about how often someone tries to pick up a title. And as I only opened a handful it is [likely] not exhaustive)
TLDR - 1 case that seems to contradict what I described. 1 case that is uncertain. And 2 that I have difficulty interpreting any other way.

some erotica gd posted approximately every month, ch17 18/03/2022, ch18 13/04/2022 (a month later), a new group picked it up and posted ch19.1 at 05/09/2022 (~5 months had passed), and gd posted ch19 at 15/09/2022 (10 days after) and then a third group ch20 17/01/2024 (3+ months later)
I would argue they just stuck to their schedule here, then potentially even dropped it in favour of the new group after posting the scheduled one and noticing. So opposite of what I described before.
romcom gd posted ch1.2 12/01/2023, ch2.1&2.2 (07&08)/12/2023 (~1 year), second group posted ch1 29/12/2023 (~20 days after, explicitly mentioning in credits that they had been working on it for a while and 2.1 came during translation ("almost 10[8?] months" after 1.2, meaning they would've started ~2 months before 2.1 appeared?)), gd posted ch3 30/12/2023 (the very day after), then ch4 (6 days later), second group ch2 12/01/2024 (7 days later) and gd ch5 19/01/2024 (7 days later, 14 days after ch4).
This can very likely just be a case of a dropped title getting resumed a year later independently and unknowing of the other party having picked it up 2 months prior. Though the timestamps of 3, 4, 5 does seem slightly suspect (The very day after? and very irregular schedule if still independent). Still, I would believe it was just a coincidence if such was claimed.
isekai this had multiple possible occurences, but I only looked at the first occurence (~ch6.3) where 6.1 and 6.2 had been 14 days apart, but 6.3 hadn't appeared in 1-2 months. Second group posted 7.1 and then 6.3 same day, Then 10 minutes after 6.3, gd posted 6.3 too. 7.1 came 1 day later.
This looks to me like a clear-cut example of what I described before.
then there's always this one I think I first noticed it through this one? Though arguably rightdark is intentionally provoking galaxy to post their stockpile by triggering this behaviour by posting poor-quality translations few(? citation needed) wants to read anyway.

Last edited:
Group Leader
a group that has a really wide selection of titles they "translate", but release most of those at a rate of 1 per year or at least months (depending)- as a result of it being way too wide for their capacity. But apparently keep a couple in stock for each title so that if anyone appears to take care of the series GD suddenly stakes their claim/territory (despite having clearly dropped the title) by releasing a batch of chapters to match the other translator (or sometimes maybe one extra chapter), until they made the other tl back off. And then returns to figuratively never releasing anything (because of having gone too wide and staking claim on more titles than they can support).

Should I do the same with some of their series? It'll be a good drama

Dex-chan lover

GD should do whatever the fuck they want with their translations though (they do GOOD work on a LARGE NUMBER of series btw). I can see how people can think of that as underhanded but ain't nothing stopping any group from releasing whatever the fuck they want regardless of who is working on what. Which is exactly how things should be. People just want things for free and the notion that a group has a stock pile of releases is somehow a "betrayal" just says alot about readers in general. Which is honestly sad.

Users who are viewing this thread