[Mainsite] Returning to single page view after viewing a double page with offset displays wrong page

Dex-chan lover
Steps to reproduce:
1. View a later page in a chapter that has at least a few pages
2. Set the view to double page
3. Turn on the offset page option
4. Click to cycle through the view options to return to single page

Expected results: you end up viewing the original single page again.

Actual results: you end up on some earlier page. The page number in the page dropdown and the lightbar sometimes end up not even matching the page that's actually shown, maybe depending on the exact chapter (maybe the number of total pages or which page you start on).

If you leave out step 3 so you never turn on the offset option, it does work as expected. This happens to me both in Firefox nightly and a recent Chrome version.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Can confirm, chrome 109, 28 page chapter, i put it on page 18, go to double page > enable offset > cycling to long strip puts it at page 9 > cycling once more and once again reach long strip it changes to page 5 and cycle enough it settles at page 2.

After some more testing by going through the settings menu, it happens whenever you switch between double page and any of the other 3 options, never when double page isn't involved

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Unfortunately, I don’t have any updates on the status of this issue, the devs are currently working on staled reworks and features. In the meantime, I want to mention some issues related to this one, in case someone creates a new thread commenting them:
  • Zooming out/in in the reader will change pages while reading in longstrip.
  • Changing page display style will change pages.
  • Changing image fit mode will change pages.
All the mentioned issues are known, so wait for a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread