Rinko-chan to Himosugara - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - A Day with Rinko-chan

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations. I'm happy Rinko became such a a well adjusted person and kept Sumire close. Haruno despite not seeing much of his life afterwards seems to be doing well too. I had hoped he and Koyori would reconnect but that's life

Dex-chan lover
It's extremely rare to see manga with fucked up premises such as this to do well. Another series that comes to mind is Aishiteruzebaby but that isn't as dark.

Thanks for doing the complete scan. It's nice to see it get great quality of scans.

Double-page supporter
I mean I get it if it's like a normal friendship, I also haven't seen people in ages but they weren't important. In this case for Rinko, Haruno was her guardian for some time and the guy who took care of her when nobody did; for Haruno, Rinko was the girl who gave him hope in life and a push to change, but in this case Haruno decided to cut contact for absolutely no reason, he could start a new life and check on them from time to time or contact the mom, bet they would have been happy to know from him. Like, it wasn't a normal friendship, it was the love you have for a family member, they were important for each other.
That's why I find weird the author's decision of completely cutting off the contact for more than a decade in such deep relationship that easily, in a single day.

Idk, maybe it's a me thing or cultural difference since in my context you don't let go such important relationship that easy in life, I even stop seeing old friends from high school for a whole year but a message or some drinks from time to time it's normal.
I understand the thoughts of the Author. In this situation I feel that Haruno had to get away from Rinko since she was so young. Just like Rinko's mom jumped to conclusions about Haruno and Rinko's relationship, if he had maintained a relationship with Rinko or the mother then society could have easily seen him as a sexual predator. I mean when he met Rinko his profession of being a kept man would have easily allowed for a lot of misunderstandings. Haruno could have spent the rest of his life in jail if the authorities had found out he was living with and taking care of Rinko (even if he had never done anything wrong). In the eyes of the law Haruno should have just taken Rinko to the authorities immediately and/or reported that she had been abandoned to the authorities. The fact that he moved in with her and took care of her doesn't really matter to the law and in this case, she would have been seen as a kidnapped victim and possibly sexually assaulted victim.

You talk about meeting up with friends from high school to have a drink or hang out after not hearing from them for a year, but those people are the same age as you and there isn't a 10+ age difference. If you were a girl, would you want to meet up with a male teacher that helped guide you through a hard time in your life. I bet if you were ok with doing this your friends would have found it a bit creepy and probably accuse you of having arterial motives for wanting to see the teacher. This is very similar to how Rinko's best friend who Rinko probably confided in about the situation found it creepy that Haruno a young man at the time stepped in and took care of Rinko when her mother abandoned her.

I would like to thank the translator for completing this series. I really looked forward to the updates.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the scanlation.
'former sugar mommies' killed me XDDD
WTF 10 MILLION YEN WHAT
I'm crying too hard, too hard to deal with it

Thanks for making this story accessible to us

Users who are viewing this thread