Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 7 Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
Pg. 13-15

That's... a pretty harsh way looking at things. It's not like Dias is in the wrong, but he's oddly decisive about not helping compared to his usual self we've seen.

Putting that aside, I wonder what kind of role a "freelance strategist" like that play. He doesn't seem to be a noble, so if he's hired they're probably prepared for war, and unlike a noble who had an entire family to support them, he's pretty close to a nobody in term of status which makes enforcing things harder since he needs to rely on others. Then again, I guess if something like city planning counts as his job too, then it'd make more sense why he's still hired despite that.

Last edited:
That's... a pretty harsh way looking at things. It's not like Dias is in the wrong, but he's oddly decisive about not helping compared to his usual self we've seen.

Putting that aside, I wonder what kind of role a "freelance strategist" like that play. He doesn't seem to be a noble, so if he's hired they're probably prepared for war, and unlike a noble who had an entire family to support them, he's pretty close to a nobody in term of status which makes enforcing things harder since he needs to rely on others. Then again, I guess if something like city planning counts as his job too, then it'd make more sense why he's still hired despite that.
It makes sense for a warrior who has killed hundreds-thousands or at least ordered it. People die.

Limiting the panacea to divine intervention via children's innocence is a decent narrative check on it's power. There has been a slow drip of a religion in the story based around a land god worship, so having divine powers at work fits the themes of the story.

I am more impressed with the fact the politics in this are better than 95% of most series. The use of debt as being beneficial to both parties has plenty of examples in history, but rarely gets used. US/Japan post WW2, the Marshall plan in Europe post WW2, countless US revolutionary war examples.

An example is the US promised to pay all outstanding debts to the British Merchants/Nobles. Those British Merchants wanted to get paid so the British Navy and military protected US marine merchants worldwide. It was in the selfish best interest of both former enemies to work together. It is a very way to add pressure to avoid a future conflict. War reparations or feeling the "other" is responsible and should pay are a big cause of conflicts dragging on long after war ends.

Obviously here it is between friendly groups, but it is no less powerful. The king can show he pays his debt in thanks for dealing with the 3rd princess. If he favors them now he has an excuse, other nobles will see the king rewards those who helps him etc... Again it's way more depth that most power fantasies.

Dex-chan lover
It makes sense for a warrior who has killed hundreds-thousands or at least ordered it. People die.

Limiting the panacea to divine intervention via children's innocence is a decent narrative check on it's power. There has been a slow drip of a religion in the story based around a land god worship, so having divine powers at work fits the themes of the story.
True I guess, I just expect someone that defends an entire village with only two guys to hesitate a bit more before reaching that conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread