S-Rank Party Kara Kaikosareta [Jugushi] ~"Noroi no Item" Shika Tsukuremasen ga, Sono Seinou wa Artifact-kyuu nari......!~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 11.2

Dex-chan lover
Man, I was hoping the old group would actually disband and they could grow, but we're stuck at square one. Whatever I guess, I'd prefer for them to have as little screentime as possible lol. Also presently surprised that the princess thing was brought up again and is a piece of a greater plot. The way it was executed a couple chapters ago just felt like a gag, so I'm glad there's actual plot going on.

Thanks for the chapters!

THANK YOU FOR THE CHAPTERS! Its great that this series is getting some love.

Dex-chan lover
So obviously we will have a long period between where he finds out about it and goes to meet the princess. Obviously by that time he will never be hunted as dead which is just a stupid decision since I'd bet the church tried the hit and wants him dead for their image and power

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters!

I wonder if the MC can see the dark elf curse and it's just "Oh, cool other people using cursed items" or can't sense it at all.

Dex-chan lover
If he doesn't resist, he'll get taken 'alive' - and can make cool bling for the country. If he does resist, he'll be taken in 'dead', because it prevents some other group from getting a hold of him.

I'd do the same, even if it's a dick move to the MC. Fuck if I'm going to let someone train assassins/operatives that repel arrows and curse-bomb my units.
If he survives the first attempt to take him in dead, and he knows it was you (because you put it on a wanted poster, or the freelance bounty hunters that go after him tell him), if there are any groups he finds amenable that don't like you, you've given them a discount on his services, and you've given him incentive to look for them.

Let the freelancers try to bring him in alive. Send discreet professionals for the alternative.

Also, this guy gave away an item that stopped a state-sanctioned assassination on the royal family. You pretty much have to operate on the assumption that he's got more powerful stuff on him at all times. Maybe avoid freelancers entirely.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I can already see the next development. They won’t be able to give any decent information because they were never interested in him and don’t know anything about him.

TBH just knowing his name, occupation, and class is fairly good information.

It means that even if they can't find him in the capital, they can send requests to the surrounding adventurers guilds for information and or warrants for arrest.

So depending on how corrupted the official is that takes their report, they could receive anything from a pat on the back and a reward, to quietly being disappeared because of their association with the MC.

OTOH since they are mostly used as a comic relief and punching bags, I see them getting thrown out on their ears and eventually tracking down the MC thrue some cliched forced plot event...

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update.

I wonder why the wanted poster is death or alive. It is from the female knight before?
This. They started the search because he sold an artefact to their (incognito) princess, whose life was saved as a result. And it was appraised to be godtier. As a result they view him as a criminal and sic headhunters on him?!
If he doesn't resist, he'll get taken 'alive' - and can make cool bling for the country. If he does resist, he'll be taken in 'dead', because it prevents some other group from getting a hold of him.

I'd do the same, even if it's a dick move to the MC. Fuck if I'm going to let someone train assassins/operatives that repel arrows and curse-bomb my units.
This would make sense, if not for the fact that such a shift in policy would have been shown on-screen.
Also, doesn't really make sense as you would not be able to expect to get him or his head before he finds out you want him dead, and he has the godtier artefacts to survive that initial escape to seek refuge to another country. Essentially handing your rivals his abilities on a silver platter.
Even beyond that though, generally your initial approach when trying to recruit someone would be peaceful, trying to get them to enter your gilded cage willingly and thinking they owe you loyalty in return. Resorting to assassination only comes after their rejection. Resorting to publicly hunting them comes after that fails too.

Dex-chan lover

A more pragmatic argument is that since he has disappeared, they want information on him, whether he's dead or alive, not a request to bring him in dead or alive.
The wording here is important.
"For those who brought this man to the kingdom will be rewarded...either dead or alive."
On the face of it, it might sound like they want him dead or alive, but what it's likely actually saying is they want to honor him, either in person or posthumously.

Dex-chan lover
:meguu: I wonder if he will make a ring artifact for Maura and she will "accept the proposal" right away.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update.

I wonder why the wanted poster is death or alive. It is from the female knight before?
Also don't get the dead or alive part, I thought they wanted him alive after saving the princess, maybe it's just been too long since i read it

that poster is probably from before they figured out the cursed ring's effect. well, the positive ones, were we ever told the negatives besides being unable to remove? if so I forgot.

any new posters would probably be more "alive and in good mood at all costs" or something like that.

TBH just knowing his name, occupation, and class is fairly good information.
Even just a name. I mean, he passed through the guards because they could not see the bad fashion sense mentioned.
But if they had a "Glaile" poster, anyone who gets his name beforehand can give them info now.

Users who are viewing this thread