Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita - Ch. 20.1

Double-page supporter
Manga doesn't usually show evidence of back-stabbing bitches as clear as the last pages... refreshing :)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your work !
I'm a little confused by this chapter but i'm also tired, it hink i'm going to re-read it to have a better uderstanding.
Not your fault, even as someone who read the novel I was confused by what the scenes were despite knowing what's going on

Every time the forest gets mentioned, I think "please let it be time for the super-cat to become relevant".

Also, I totally forgot that Mira had her own slime.
The kitty will get a scene this arc, but mostly after things are settled, and a lot more scenes next arc

give me the spoilers, thanks.

They have spies in the vigilantes cause nobles are part of the organization. They much assigned their own people to search the areas. So they go with ivy find the people who are traitors in the house and find the documents

They then come up with a plan to take down the organization

They then find out organization has bunch of murderers in a cave which work for the organization and ivy reviews the plan to use the attack on the murderers as bait to get all the adventures to come out, then capture them

They use the innocent adventures as a squad to capture all the traitors in town with sora acting as a detector

From then on ivy is pretty much waiting for things to wrap up and get paid before going to next town. In meantime she tries to get money and supplies, and when she goes to the forest she gets attacked by a straddler from the organization. Only for the kitty to come out and he shits his pants and runs (The kitty is one of the 3 most dangerous monsters akin to dragons, novel isn't clear if it's as strong as one or simply just one of the top tier or simply danger level)

Ratula ends up finding her and the kitty as he heard she left and it might be dangerous alone. And learns the truth. Though the kitty fakes her mark to make herself look like she is tamed to reduce panic. Ratula though warns her not to make it known she tamed the kitty as it could cause problems as no one tamed one ever

Before she leaves Ratua asks her to stay but she decides to leave anyways so he suggests she gets a slave and gives her a recommendation for a trusted slaver in next town. Slaves in this world are more closer to prison sentence where a person can act x years for crimes or pay off debts, slaves do have rights

Then is the next arc, where she gets a new slime and a new comrade
No the comrade is not a slave, it is a person who has the ability to steal stars. She also learns how ridiculous her slimes are, such as making highest grade potions

Dex-chan lover
The tricky part of this arc is how deep they read into the conspiracy. They figure out a LOT through sleight of hand and words, which is tough to portray however you slice it.

You can't exclude MC from it because half the tricks are done by her, and the slime is helping the entire operation.

The pacing needs to be better, but the difficulty is just really high.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee: :hearts: :aquadrink: :meguu:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
I'm not
Yep, she's been eating more and started to grow up to catch up to her age, her grown was stunt at one point at the start since she was malnourished.
I'm so sure about that. Stunted growth is not something you just "catch up" on and it's not as if her hard live is over. She is still travelling on foot and still only eating between Cities what she can forage (granted she doesn't have to worry about meat at least with her big feline friend). She will still travel for a long while as it took her a year to reach the current city.
...hell when she mentioned her clothes getting "tight" I just remembered she had those since the start of her travels and probably even before that. She should have outgrown those a long time ago. That is actually rather sad.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not

I'm so sure about that. Stunted growth is not something you just "catch up" on and it's not as if her hard live is over. She is still travelling on foot and still only eating between Cities what she can forage (granted she doesn't have to worry about meat at least with her big feline friend). She will still travel for a long while as it took her a year to reach the current city.
...hell when she mentioned her clothes getting "tight" I just remembered she had those since the start of her travels and probably even before that. She should have outgrown those a long time ago. That is actually rather sad.
True. But the fact about her growing up is still there imo, though ofc not immediately, quite slow even like you imply there, but at least we're getting signs that she's getting healthier as time goes

Dex-chan lover
It's likely as she becomes more comfortable with the adventurers she can trust her natural feminine nature may be leaking out more since she's not actively keeping it under control.

All the heavy plot hurts my head but Ivy is still a mind soothing fluffball. :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your work !
I'm a little confused by this chapter but i'm also tired, it hink i'm going to re-read it to have a better uderstanding.
My main issue is how consistently there's no indication who's talking and who the bubbles belong to. Alongside panels constantly changing perspective/viewing angle, there's little to no consistency in which side of a panel belongs to which person.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for translating this chapter
can't wait to watch the anime next year

Double-page supporter
I have a feel like Kalua "smelled the sulfur stink" (that the situation is way more wrong respect on how it seems at first glance) with how Mira and Lyselia wanted to bring Ivy in the forest so fast.

Dex-chan lover
Was thinking that the writing was going bad cause the 2 sus girls were acting as sus as possible for no good reason. Theres actually a reason.

Contributor
Seems I guessed correctly: Lyselia is in league with the kidnappers, but Kalua was just roped into this, maybe to help Mira keep her con job going. But they didn't expect Kalua to try and tag along with more people after they invited Ivy to a (trap) trip to gather herbs in the forest.

The conspiracy rabbit hole goes deeper with the vigilante organization that helped in the previous crackdown also being compromised.

So Mira is just being used as a potential scapegoat when things go wrong for the kidnapping organization, that seems like a potential way out, maybe it's not yet too late for her to turn back. She could be just another low-ranking tool for them who knows little like the previous patsies who got arrested in the failed crackdown while the big fish got away.

Users who are viewing this thread