Saikyou Juzoku Tensei: Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

While it's understandable he'd run away from his arranged marriage, his whole deal with Gaston is fucking stupid. That whole interaction really stretches the suspension of disbelief to the point of breaking. MC's motivation for doing it is as equally stupid as Gaston himself.

@jazz9 Nether of those things are a problem in the time, place, and culture he was living in. He decided they were a problem all on his own. A clear inability to adapt to his surroundings and an explicit will not to is what that was.
Like @Tatsuya-kai said, if the immature child had a real problem ether with the arrangement itself or with the person it was with, he should have manned the f*#@ up and argued his flimsy case to the ppl in control of that decision. Or better yet, just marry the damn girl who happily put up with his obsession with something other than her.

Dex-chan lover
@feha Mods disagree with you so there's really no way for you to be right about any of this.

Dex-chan lover
@hokujin
While it's understandable he'd run away from his arranged marriage, his whole deal with Gaston is fucking stupid.
I thought he explained his motivation quite well:
1. he doesn't want to deal with the envious eyes of other adventurers (e.g. he gets shit from guys like Gaston)
2. if he gets credit, he ranks up. if he ranks up, he'll get troublesome requests that will be troublesome to refuse, therefore limiting his freedom. he already had firsthand experience of what a troublesome request is.

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy That is an awful argument on so many levels that I will only bother to explain one. The whole discussion started with me exclaiming about how mods had removed another groups release, so using that point as a counter-argument is like telling someone mentioning how slavery seems wrong and that it should be illegal (I couldn't be bothered to fit in an obligatory nazi-comparison, so I hope you'll be satisfied with the second-best trope when it comes to poor analogies instead) that they can't be right because it is legal and the state re-captures escaped ones.
Using the premise of the conversation as the argument (particularly if it is related to authority) to close it is invalid, and you pretty much only see bad parents use the tactic to silence their children.

But I agree that there probably isn't much more to say on the subject itself (rather than this meta-comment), as we seem to disagree in a way that won't allow one to convince the other.

This thing doesn't look so tough. All you gotta do is suck up the apples it throws at you and spit them back at it.

Dex-chan lover
I bet his sister is on a rampage, controlling trees,disguising them as trents...scary stuff qwq

@Tatsuya-Kai I mean, he does literally tell them he feels uncomfortable with getting married, and their response boils down to just straight up ignoring it and making him do it anyway because 'well he gets swept up in the flow once he does it he won't care!!'. Any idea that I can think of that allows him to stay in the village destroys the reason why he'd want to stay in the first place; his relationship with the villagers. Because considering his parents just straight-up ignoring his feelings towards the situation, I feel like he'd have to threaten them in some manner to get them to stop.

I don't think he fully realized that only he would be able to produce the trees frankly, because the village themselves only figured this out after he left, and I feel like he'd know before them.

Dex-chan lover
@mayhemTrinkets
The problem with him running away is the fact that he is the strongest mage, he literally had absolute sway if he simply put his foot down and stood up to his father and village, he himself even admits that he's just not got the will to resist them.

As for the trees i'll half give you that one, however he was definitely old enough with his combined memories to know that simply leaving would have left a power vacuum in the village, which the family he deposed would try to take advantage of, even if they "worked" it's entirely possible (and in most anime and to an extent real life) and likely that even if the trees could be planted by others, that sabotage was likely without him there, he was essentially the strongest member of the village and by leaving without any notice, he left such a large power vacuum that it could lead to infighting, now will this manga go that far, that i can't say, probably not but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread