Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 17

Double-page supporter
It's not super hype story-wise but what I enjoy is the designs. I mean yeah, clown demon and whiny twist villain guy are kinda whacky looking but the art is pretty nice.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter and congrats to GD for finally waking up and continuing to upload here in dex.

Anyway, looks like this villain-hero is more of a clown than the demon lord of that world once was.

Dex-chan lover
what good to have trillions bodies around if you still feel all the pain and can tired out? unless you expect him to got bored after cut down half a trillion then you are no different than a punching bag at that point.

Fed-Kun's army
Ever since I watched episode 7 of Demon Lord, Retry!, I struggle to take these situations where all the women get beaten up before being saved by the MaleMC. This one was OK since we got some character development, but it's a trope that sticks out to me.

I also think our MC is overdoing it a bit.
"I TRAINED FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS SO YOU SHOULD BE A GOOD WORKOUT NO I WON'T TELL YOU MORE DETAILS THOSE ARE ONLY FOR ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND NOW SAY YOUR PRAYERS I'M GOING TO PUT A LITTLE BIT OF EFFORT INTO THIS CLENCH YOUR TEETH THAT'S RIGHT EVEN THE BIG ONES"

Dex-chan lover
It's been mentioned you'll stop at chapter 17, GD. You've been pretty vague and bullshitty for a while, but that's a hell of a statement you made right there, especially with stopping the TS of this story at this climactic moment. If you have the balls to go back on that statement, a lot of people, if not no one is going to take you seriously anymore. You better choose your next action wisely.
Your mostly incorrect, not enough take them seriously to constitute a "lot". Their next actions don't matter, no one truest or respects them.

bot

"...It makes no sense unless deep down inside before all the isekai shit happened he was secretly a psychopathic serial killer in the making or some shit."
that would be a nice twist, mc was already mentaly unstable back then and his day to day behavior is just him pretending to be "normal" by copying things he's seen in other situations. would explain the erratic behavior nicely i think.

Dex-chan lover
I know it's silly to expect any kind of logic or consistency in a story where a guy who lived 30k years still acts like your average Japanese high-schooler, but I feel the need to point this out.

The enemy hero says he has a life for every monster he has killed, that being one trillion and spares.
Supposing what's being used is the short scale, it would look like this written down in number form: 1,008,435,000,000.

So, how long would it take to kill these many monsters?
If we imagine that on average this man has been killing one monster every second, then it would have taken him 31,977 years.

Why do authors feel the need to go into the realms of wacky numbers they don't understand to make things more seem more badass?
Maybe his power counts all the microscopic organisms he's inadvertently killed as well? Like the 99.9% of germs on his hands whenever he washes them.

Dex-chan lover
I've read ahead because GDS is kind of......

Well, to those curious enough about what is next in just 1 or 2 chapters.

B*stard gets a flashback and lives. He just wanted his own place and acceptance for being a hard working hero and not just some extra because his recognition/spotlight got stolen. I still don't pity him because there were better ways. Anyways, I only read until the wrap up of that fight and my translation (interpretation) of it might have been different for a bit.

Dex-chan lover
damn didn't wanna read this by GDS, didn't realise it was yet another of those they had kept stored. Waiting for the good translator to do this too
(still, good chapter, satisfying. The trillions of monsters is very wacky tho)

Dex-chan lover
AOE spells and mass army murders are common in the isekai worlds these people are sent to. wouldnt surprise me if hes been part of massive genocides in the name of the "Goddesses" in charge of the school.
But a trillion lives taken, like really think about that. Thats like killing every human on this plant like a hundred and forty/fifty times. AOE and all that could account for some large spot kills but for this sheer audacious number it's just insane.

Fed-Kun's army
You ain't wrong. I was much more hyped when i read the raws a year ago.
You read it a year ago, rereading it, even in a different language, isn't going to give you the same feeling as the first time.

Dex-chan lover
I really really hope that after all of these boasting, MC won't let this guy keep his life.
Unlike most of merciful Japanese in isekai story and the cucks.
Did you see that thing he summoned? Teeth boy is on the fast track to Hell right now.

Dex-chan lover
I know it's silly to expect any kind of logic or consistency in a story where a guy who lived 30k years still acts like your average Japanese high-schooler, but I feel the need to point this out.

The enemy hero says he has a life for every monster he has killed, that being one trillion and spares.
Supposing what's being used is the short scale, it would look like this written down in number form: 1,008,435,000,000.

So, how long would it take to kill these many monsters?
If we imagine that on average this man has been killing one monster every second, then it would have taken him 31,977 years.

Why do authors feel the need to go into the realms of wacky numbers they don't understand to make things more seem more badass?
You have a point on the numerical value being exaggerated, but there are two things that might come into play, in my opinion (besides an author being too liberal with numbers ,obviously).

A) EVERY life counts, no matter how small, hence even killing an normal ant colony or a bee hive gives him as many lives as the insects within said colony or hive that could amount in the thousands in one go.

B) The enemy hero is the one who exaggerates the number of lives he has and is bluffing in order to make his opponent give up/lose hope. And in truth he has a much smaller number like a few hundred or thousand.

Users who are viewing this thread