Saikyou no Ossan Hunter Isekai e ~ Kondokoso Yukkuri Shizuka ni Kurashitai ~

Double-page supporter
Another day, another isekai. This genre has so much titles, that we can start adding subgenres or derive completely new genres, like the following:

[ul]
[li] Slow life[/li]
[li] Cooking[/li]
[li] Villainess[/li]
[li] Slave harem[/li]
[li] Ow, the edge[/li]
[li] Slime shenanigans[/li]
[li] TrashSkillThatIsActuallyOverpowered[/li]
[li] Japanese nationalism[/li]
[/ul]

@Sunshirou

What would you want the description to be? From the title we know that he is the best hunter, he is middle aged, for some reason he travels to another world and retains the strength and intelligence that made him the best hunter, retains his age and in this world, free from any responsibility in the first world, do whatever he wants since no one depends on him.

Another slow life things, gonna pass i think. A couple of them is fine, but there are getting to be so many, and they are pretty boring usually. At least with other isekai stuff it's action oriented or something, but the slow life ones just get to be really boring to me after a while, sometimes they have good action, but usually it's like slice of life type stuff. I'll maybe give it a couple more chapters but the title doesn't give me much hope.

Contributor
You know, I have to applaud the author for introducing a good basis for the setting - at the very least, a Monster Hunter-inspired world is different from the norm - and then fucking it up by sending him to the same generic isekai world we’ve seen a thousand times over. That’s not flying, that’s falling with style.

@RaoulD I don't know man but the descriptions are there to describe, i mean yeah i'm all for jokes ribbing on the manga but save those for the translator pages and the like. though i don't mind a joke or two in the desc if it at least precedes a serious desc, especially if it does it like Isekai Demo Bunan ni Ikitai Shoukougun with its hilarious English to Australian desc.

All in all i don't think i'm asking for all that much really.

:edit: was the description changed to match the title as a "see i changed the desc into a proper desc haha" or is that genuinely what the official desc is. because i hope it's the first one because at least it's funny.

Dex-chan lover
This Monster Hunter fancomic looks neat--- waitaminute, this isn't a Monster Hunter fancomic? 😳

@Sunshirou Why bother? The title pretty much tells you everything there is to expect in this kind of adaptation.
In the case of isekai, the description should only be there to specify what makes this one different from all the other "I am the best but I got sick of it and now I want to chill out with my +4 wives. Also I came from Japan." kind of manga.

Are there mangas which has a plot:
"I'm sick of my slow and lazy life on earth, now that i'm transported to another world i want to standout"

well anyways, i'm still gonna give this a shot.

Aggregator gang
I haven't read this yet, but as soon as I saw that title, a rant just needed to be released.

What's with Japan and FUCKING SLOW LIFE? Holy shit, I can't imagine what goes through their heads when they think a story about someone powerful trying to retire sounds interesting or exciting. The most interesting people on this planet are those who are ambitious, those are the ones with goals and flaws, but no, they want to write about an average dumbfuck whose only noteworthy quality is his power. I mean they don't have to write about ambitious people, but fucking hell they should stop writing about these humble-bragging dipshits, they aren't interesting anymore, if they were at any point even.

Dex-chan lover
Well, in a country where people work to death on semi-regular occasion. I'd want a "slow life" too.

Users who are viewing this thread