Saikyou Yuusha Party wa Ai ga Shiritai - Ch. 8 - Love Comes From I, and the Redder the Cheeks, the Better

Dex-chan lover
FhizHA8XwAE5oqV

Fed-Kun's army
Okay, so, crazy theory time now that the story is getting somewhat serious again.

1. Shaayu only started falling for Itsuka a month ago.
This one is only a theory because the manga hasn't explicitly confirmed it, but the start of chapter 2 (I think) gave us a huge hint in that direction, where it was stated that it was only a month ago (so a month before the events of chapter 1) that the Hero realized that she found Itsuka beautiful.
It's important because it means that for an undefined amount of time, she didn't and so Istuka was exposed to her flirtatious behaviour with others while never registering that way to her, so he catalogued her as a playgirl and her sudden feelings for him can only be pretend or even him reading too much into her.

2. Itsuka (feel)s an impostor
This one is probably self evident, but our MC suffers from a heavy dose of impostor syndrome. He depreciate himself and doesn't see himself as anything remarkable by himself, instead wanting to resort to external means of popularity (looks, getting kicked out of the party, etc.)
Combined with the insane amount of respect he has for Shaayu (he calls her The Hero in this chapter, which denotes a distancing between himself and some sort of idolized Hero) it prevents him from seeing her feelings for him.
Now the source of this insecurity could be interesting. I can see several reasons :
*His emotions always prevented him from using magic correctly where he learnt it and he was thus bullied for it until he managed to "contain" them.
*He lacks the mana for his feats and his earring is actually a stolen artifact that produces his mana for him, making him feel like a fraud.
*He comes from a family of physically strong peoples but was the runt of the litter and learning magic wasn't enough to escape the mockeries and all that.

3. Shaayu's feelings for Itsuka are unhealthy and are the cause of the rampages.
The last two chapters have hinted at it. Shaayu is getting frustrated that Itsuka doesn't get her feelings. And we saw that she doesn't want anyone from "noticing" Itsuka, she wants him for herself only. Meanwhile she ignores pretty easily Toifa's feelings.
And I think her suppressing her frustration and bad emotions is backfiring on everyone.
Shaayu is super strong, that much is clear and her abilities as a Hero aren't only physical (it seems she can produce wings of light as seen in chapter 2). But she rarely uses those and it's possible she doesn't really control them. And what caused Hero-chan to rampage was a luminous mark on her neck, not something dark. And it happened just after that Shaayu showed us the unhealthy side of her attachment to Itsuka.

Anyway, that's all for me folks !

Fed-Kun's army
By the way, rereading the series, I was wondering from where the images ar the very last page of chapter 5 (the announcement from the translation team) came from.
They don't seem to be from previous chapters or the One Shot.

Also, I was just thinking: if author goes toward Itsuka and Shaayu admitting their feelings for each others, how would you see the story unfold ? It doesn't have to be the endgame after all.

Crack theory that the MC weakness is being treated like a princess. There are themes in the last chapter about fairy tales. Examples: Princes, balls, a magic ring. But we never did see anyone other than Shayuu fitting the role as 'Prince Charming' here. Not to mention the fact that of the role reversal of giving a ring to Itsuka the makes the user "live happy ever after".
Maybe, Itsuka could have felt at one point like a helpless princess waiting for their prince/Knight to save him before later joining the party.

Aggregator gang
So, the plot itself is easy to understand, but the relationship between the members is kinda obscure.

I do think that changing the initial relationship hook to something else is a better choice because it makes more sense; they beat the Demon Lord together, it doesn't make sense for Itsuka to not know that Shaayu is a girl.

The problem now is that I cannot get a good gauge on what Itsuka's feelings to Shaayu are now. In just 8 chapters, what I think he feels about Shaayu has ping-ponged about three times now. I'm intrigued by the two's relationship, but I'm not invested in it because of that.

This first volume is gonna feel messy, ngl.

Fed-Kun's army
So, the plot itself is easy to understand, but the relationship between the members is kinda obscure.

I do think that changing the initial relationship hook to something else is a better choice because it makes more sense; they beat the Demon Lord together, it doesn't make sense for Itsuka to not know that Shaayu is a girl.

The problem now is that I cannot get a good gauge on what Itsuka's feelings to Shaayu are now. In just 8 chapters, what I think he feels about Shaayu has ping-ponged about three times now. I'm intrigued by the two's relationship, but I'm not invested in it because of that.

This first volume is gonna feel messy, ngl.
I think that Itsuka like/love Shayuu but :
1. He believes her to be a sort of easy play"boy" and thus here efforts to win his affection are read as her normal behaviour with everyone.
2. Even when he doubt it's the case, he's depreciating himself, and considers her The Hero and thus inherently out of his league.
3. Itsuka wants to be popular, in a very shallow and obvious way, as in someone who's lavished for whatever he does. He believes that it's what happens to Shaayu, even if he does respect her, of course (see point 2). And he's hjealous.

He isn't a super deep character but I feel like he's more complex than the usual MC in this sort of stories.

Double-page supporter
I think that Itsuka like/love Shayuu but :
1. He believes her to be a sort of easy play"boy" and thus here efforts to win his affection are read as her normal behaviour with everyone.
2. Even when he doubt it's the case, he's depreciating himself, and considers her The Hero and thus inherently out of his league.
3. Itsuka wants to be popular, in a very shallow and obvious way, as in someone who's lavished for whatever he does. He believes that it's what happens to Shaayu, even if he does respect her, of course (see point 2). And he's hjealous.

He isn't a super deep character but I feel like he's more complex than the usual MC in this sort of stories.
I'd say this is accurate. We know he doesn't dislike or hate Shaayu and even seems to find her physically attractive. But he's clearly jealous of her because of her popularity and the attention she draws. And her personality being kind of openly friendly and flirty with others makes him deny the possibility of how genuine she is when she expresses her feelings for him. And yeah, you mentioning him referring to her as "The Hero" is probably both out of respect and a way of distancing himself from her by placing her on a level beyond himself.

Users who are viewing this thread