Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu - Vol. 10 Ch. 124 - Saotome Senshu, Yes

Dex-chan lover
@Highvoltage13 it’s a problem that a lot of mangas have: for some reason, authors keep the progression to the minimum and/or introduce countless rivals just because they set that “the goal is for the two to become a couple”.
After that, only the void.
I don’t know why, probably they can’t describe and make interesting a situation where both are together and have to live facing the obstacles of everyday life?

Dex-chan lover
@Highvoltage13
There's a concept of "purity" that runs very, very deep into japanese society and culture and religion.
Did you see the recent news? During a talk show, a question was made about the new mobile game for "BanG Dream", a franchise about a girls band. One of the characters that was a single child received a brother and when a fan asked about this change in the canon what the producer had to say was that it was not a problem, "as long it was a father or a brother too young to get his penis hard".
See how far this problem goes? The girls can't even have male relatives that it's already a risk of rejection for a portion of target audience.

Now imagine selling a decent and open romance in that market.

It felt like their funding got cut so they had to end it in 5 chapters so they rushed a marriage. But they still did a good job with it

Dex-chan lover
I know I'm late in commenting, but since I followed this since the start if feels like I should at least leave my two cents here.
Having come this far and overtime gotten into more and more manga, I really do appreciate this one for how consistent the tone and writing in it was, nothing too mind-breaking but still, it was a simple sport-romance that kept itself going without relying on too many annoying gimmicks or dumb plot-twists...although that's probably why it was a slow-burn until cancellation.

The author does have potential, although there style to this day feels a bit too blocky for my taste, the design sense (especially for the buff ladies) was to notch. Glad they at could a least get a proper ending even if they had to cut out a lot of subplots.

So are we all gonna ignore the fact that short haired dude turned into a mexican?

PMR

that ending was time skip garbage, damn it
oh well, series was good mostly

Double-page supporter
Y'all don't wanna know how long it took me to figure out the importance of the announcer saying Yae Tsukishima.

I guess it kinda got axed after all because we didn't see many promised fights but at least the ending is good enough.

Fed-Kun's army
summer 2020 ... well things don't turn out how you expect

Users who are viewing this thread