Saving 80,000 Gold Coins in the Different World for My Old Age - Vol. 5 Ch. 33.2 - Dragon Buster (Part 2)

Double-page supporter
It seems I came to check my follow list just in time. Thanks for both parts of the chapter.

Welp, you play with fire you get burn, or get both your sister and brother died in this case.

does anyone know the price of medieval coin in our world

and does it really profit the mercenary , i mean ... they use those 5mm 7mm and 50 Cal and RPG , isnt it too expensive

@Serelanordir I think she doesnt sell them as ancient coins, but she sells them to the same mercenary group as gold. Something like that was told in the earlier chapters. Correct me I am wrong tho.

@Serelanordir
"does anyone know the price of medieval coin in our world"
probably no value, because a test at "carbon 14" will show that it is a recent manufacture, more what is above has nothing to do with our history, so no historical value
on the other hand the value of gold is easy to find, so the question is.
what is the weight of a piece of gold?

Fed-Kun's army
...when did she ever talk to an ancient dragon? Wasn't she busy with managing her shop?

Contributor
@De_LaBaiGa I think it was translated a bit wrong, but her skill allowed her to pick up both the dragon and orc/ogre languages when the older dragon started talking to its human underlings.

Dex-chan lover
Can't really feel sorry for the idiot dragon who didn't listen to his elder...

Dex-chan lover
Dragon got PTSDragonised!

Get it?! Because it was a dragon... hahaha!

Double-page supporter
@Serelanordir

Well, the coins back then were made to have the value of the material they were smelted with, so a copper coin had the value of actual copper based on the coins's weight (this also means the whole nonsense most of these isekai have about 100 copper = 1 silver is bs). At the same time, the purity of the coins didn't reach 80% in most cases, usually hovering between 60 and 80%, though that depends on the element they were made with (some elements are easier to isolate than others, the purification techniques back then favored certain materials, etc.).
Taking all that into account, 1 gold coin, with a weight of about 30g (remember gold is quite dense), would have at most 24g of gold.
Let's take 18K gold as a base, which currently has a value of 29.54$/g (18K = 75% purity gold, or 18 parts of pure gold every 24 parts). A single gold coin of 30g would be worth 886.2$.
Kaoru is trying to get 80,000 coins, and I believe she had 40,000 before hiring the mercenaries, meaning right now she has 40,000 x 30 x 29.54 = 35,448,000$
TBH, it's not much for the military (a single tank can cost a big chunk of that), but for a small mercenary group maybe it's enough, moreso for a single day of using a few rounds.

@De_LaBaiGa
"...when did she ever talk to an ancient dragon? Wasn't she busy with managing her shop?"
here, under your eyes in this chapter

I feel so damn bad for that dragon... okay, he's an idiot but I feel sorry anyway...

@Serelanordir the coins she use for pay them are GOLD coins and maybe silver one too so you need to think about the value of the metal... in chapter 7 she say that a gold coin is something like 100.000 yen but in chapter 10 pag 5 the captain of the mercenaries say that the gold coin she gave to them are 90% pure and their value is around 208 dollars (25.000 yen) and then she suppose this:
- gold coin = 100.000 yen
- small gold coin = 10.000 yen
- silver coin = 1.000 yen
- small silver coin = 100 yen

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1: Which skill was that again? I know she has Omni-Teleport since she merged with that part of the plane-travelling energy entity. Was there more?

I also feel sorry for the dead dragons. (That claw holding was a bit too much on the feels.) Okay, they have been past there 70s, but still. They have been lead by their incompetent older brother. Then again they started a war, in which who knows how many people died, and the younger one was about to fire dragonfire, which would also have killed people. A case of self defence and "you get what you begged for, when you're starting a war." And if they treat humans like we humans treat insects, you can't pity them too much. Somebody, who stirred up a hornet nest and died, died because of their own stupidity. I guess, as long as we don't see them as children, but beings that live for at least 70 years, it's bearable. It's just sad, because, if they would have been raised as tolerant beings or maybe given the chance to apologise or repent, they might have...Whom am I kidding? That's a war and MC turned the tides because of that surprise Marine deployment. Giving them a chance would mean, giving them a chance to strike back.

Edit: Later post: @Hollow7F:"the same god thingy gave her the power to understand any lenguage once she hears it, she was given this power after she saved the loli in the woods"
Ah, thanks.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix the same god thingy gave her the power to understand any lenguage once she hears it, she was given this power after she saved the loli in the woods

Dex-chan lover
I warned y’all about those dragons. Mutual understanding was possible too, but hey, gotta powerwank at how inferior the medieval alternate world is.

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster: That irked me too, but she tried it, they didn't listen and forced her to reveal their weaponry. (The only thing that gave them an edge.) If she have given them a change to talk after they didmissed it, she would also have given enemies a chance to regroup or launch a surprise attack or do something unhanded. Not willing to talk about it from the getgo just shows that those drangons are enemies and just came to kill them. Should she really let her own people die to spare a bunch of invaders, that already killed and want to continue to kill? After I started to think about it that way, I came to the conclusion, that this was a valid and justifiable option. She didn't start that war, but ended it.

Users who are viewing this thread