Seiyuu Radio no Ura Omote - Vol. 4 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Let's go we are back! I'm glad the manga resumed, there might not be a lot of gl involved (up to now as far as I can tell) but the story is interesting so can't wait to see what comes next Thank you for the updates!

Dex-chan lover
You know, this chapter is painting the mom as the villain but in reality, she's kind of right
not just kind of, she agreed for her teenage daughter to be a voice actor, the hate, doxxing and threats to her safety pushed it way too far, it's completely normal for her to react this way and i would expect no less from a parent

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Knowing how fucked up japanese fans are, im kinda on the mom's side here

Dude, no. Japanese fans are obviously obsessive. But if you compare the amount of fans that have done actual physical harm to the talents it's no where near what it is outside of Japan.

Taylor Swift has more security than the leaders of some countries, and she's talked about why this is. There's not a doubt in my mind that if she didn't have security, she would went up dead or chained to a bed. Or both.

not just kind of, she agreed for her teenage daughter to be a voice actor, the hate, doxxing and threats to her safety pushed it way too far, it's completely normal for her to react this way and i would expect no less from a parent

...Ehh... No and yes. She has the right of custody and dictating the contract of her daughter, but she was totally out of line making another girl from a different agency go along with her whims without so much as a single sentence spoken to her mother.

That's hypocritical as fuck to take the authority of "it's my right as a parent" but to step on the toes of another parent so brazenly like that. Especially in Japan. That wouldn't be tolerated.

You know, this chapter is painting the mom as the villain but in reality, she's kind of right

Nuance. She is right in exercising her parental rights over her daughter.

She does it in the worst possible and shitty way, however.

And she crosses the fucking line making it a stipulation that Yumiko has to do it as well. She has no right laying that out as a stipulation as a parent and especially so considering it's a different agency. She was out of line there.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
...Ehh... No and yes. She has the right of custody and dictating the contract of her daughter, but she was totally out of line making another girl from a different agency go along with her whims without so much as a single sentence spoken to her mother.

That's hypocritical as fuck to take the authority of "it's my right as a parent" but to step on the toes of another parent so brazenly like that. Especially in Japan. That wouldn't be tolerated.
it was obviously sarcastic...

Dex-chan lover
You know, one thing that I'm shocked that Japanese manga almost never try to pull - even as a bluff - is the kid in these situations threatening legal emancipation.

In Watanabe's case, it's stronger than average for a case because she is over 16 and does have financial independence of some kind. I don't know how Japanese custody law is, but if it's like any legal system, if you have the money you can throw a gigantic monkey wrench into the works and dissuade anyone's plans at least temporarily. This isn't to suggest she actually goes through with it, because she likely wouldn't want to, but it is a bargaining chip for the child to utilize or "threaten" to use.

My guess is that it isn't explored more in media because of cultural reasons. In a country where filial piety and honor are paramount, I'm guessing a child seeking legal emancipation would be seen... very negatively... even if they didn't actually go through with it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
it was obviously sarcastic...

And, yet, after she said she wasn't being serious and her daughter surprised her by agreeing to it, she kept pushing and upped the ante by continuing on to insist Yumiko do it as well and make it a point that if doesn't get that stipulation, they don't get a right to challenge her.

I think "obviously sarcastic" left the chat when she continued suggesting it.

Dex-chan lover
And, yet, after she said she wasn't being serious and her daughter surprised her by agreeing to it, she kept pushing and upped the ante by continuing on to insist Yumiko do it as well and make it a point that if doesn't get that stipulation, they don't get a right to challenge her.

I think "obviously sarcastic" left the chat when she continued suggesting it.
she pushed to dissuade, do you really not understand how dangerous chika's situation is for her and her mother?

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter! Glad the manga is resuming the adaptation, I don't think I would've gone to the trouble of trying to read the light novel.

Dex-chan lover
I understand the mom's concerns. Chika has had to endure a mountain of hate, straight up has been falsely accused of sleeping around with the director, had to grovel in front of the camera to apologize to her "fans" and now her safety isn't even guaranteed anymore with a bunch of degens snapping pictures of her home. But she goes about it in such a nasty way, her mom is so arrogant, she thinks everyone around her are idiots and most importantly she can't even pretend to take her daughter's wishes in to consideration.

Dex-chan lover
she pushed to dissuade, do you really not understand how dangerous chika's situation is for her and her mother?

As dangerous as you think it is, I can guarantee you it's not.

You are applying a non-Japan mindset to Japanese culture. It is like mixing water and oil.

Just examine it: Japan is the land of idols. Ranging from idols that have a handful of fans to idols that have millions and are watched like a hawk by millions more fans. Despite this... how many incidents of them being physically targeted at there? Yes, it has happened. Tragically so. But look at the statistics. In a nation that built idol culture and has that many idols, throughout the entire history of the industry, they've had fewer instances than other entertainment industries in other countries have in a month. ~30 years (more than that) versus 30 days and maybe around the same ballpark of instances.

And this could all be dealt with... just by having security for her. Which her agency could do for her.

...Yeah, no bro.

Dex-chan lover
As dangerous as you think it is, I can guarantee you it's not.

You are applying a non-Japan mindset to Japanese culture. It is like mixing water and oil.

Just examine it: Japan is the land of idols. Ranging from idols that have a handful of fans to idols that have millions and are watched like a hawk by millions more fans. Despite this... how many incidents of them being physically targeted at there? Yes, it has happened. Tragically so. But look at the statistics. In a nation that built idol culture and has that many idols, throughout the entire history of the industry, they've had fewer instances than other entertainment industries in other countries have in a month. ~30 years (more than that) versus 30 days and maybe around the same ballpark of instances.

And this could all be dealt with... just by having security for her. Which her agency could do for her.

...Yeah, no bro.
she already got assaulted in her school and now have stalkers doxxing her and her mother, any responsible parent would react the same way

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
she already got assaulted in her school and now have stalkers doxxing her and her mother
Neither of those happened.

She was NOT assaulted at school and was, in fact, the one that assaulted someone (granted he had it coming).

She and her mother were also not doxed. Thanks to the both of them having the foresight to disguise themselves.

As for reasonable reaction, no, I disagree and laid out why. Her "sarcastic" suggestion was uncalled for and she never even gave security for her daughter one god damn second of thought which betrays her real goal: getting her daughter to quit.

Don't believe me? Think about it: what the fuck does her quitting have to do with stopping a stalker? It doesn't. The stalker isn't just going to shrug their fucking shoulders and give up if it's supposedly that dangerous. Stalkers will continue that behavior even if their target stops (it could get even worse, actually). So she's just after her daughter to get her to quit, WHICH SHES ALREADY STATED SHE WANTED, and this is her way to get what she wants.

...Otherwise, shed be concerned and asking about SECURITY for her daughter. But she wasn't. She was only concerned about her stopping her idol job.

Dex-chan lover
Neither of those happened.

She was NOT assaulted at school and was, in fact, the one that assaulted someone (granted he had it coming).

She and her mother were also not doxed. Thanks to the both of them having the foresight to disguise themselves.

As for reasonable reaction, no, I disagree and laid out why. Her "sarcastic" suggestion was uncalled for and she never even gave security for her daughter one god damn second of thought which betrays her real goal: getting her daughter to quit.

Don't believe me? Think about it: what the fuck does her quitting have to do with stopping a stalker? It doesn't. The stalker isn't just going to shrug their fucking shoulders and give up if it's supposedly that dangerous. Stalkers will continue that behavior even if their target stops (it could get even worse, actually). So she's just after her daughter to get her to quit, WHICH SHES ALREADY STATED SHE WANTED, and this is her way to get what she wants.

...Otherwise, shed be concerned and asking about SECURITY for her daughter. But she wasn't. She was only concerned about her stopping her idol job.
ok i'm going to stop here because the level of dishonesty is off the chart

Users who are viewing this thread