Shadows House (Official Colored)

Supporter
it's hard to imagine kate looking like emilyko, when they are so different

10/10. It's hard to explain a manga so unique. It has good worldbuilding and an intense mystery element. The artstyle and colors also add to the mysterious atmosphere. And it's not horror in a grotesque way, it's horror in... the fear of shadows and the unknown? Just read it.

every chapter just keeps making the world more and more insidious i love it

Is it confirmed anime will have 12? I'd like it to be 2 cour, that way it will end after debut

12-13 episodes are easily enough to get to the Debut. I've read the manga while playing out the scenes in my head and a pace of about 4 chapters per episode is likely.

You need to consider how much content the manga actually has. Most chapters have about 12 pages. Most other manga have a lot more pages, usually above 30, unless it's a 4koma which have shorter chapters but more content (time-wise) per page due to its format. Other anime adaptations generally adapt anywhere from 60 to 100 (sometimes even more) pages per episode, depending on pacing, how much they skip, how much they add, etc. Shadows House with its 12 pages would have 48 pages adapted at 4 chapters per episode, which is less than usual.
To give a current season example, Munou na Nana has about 30-40ish pages per chapter and its adaptation is doing a mostly panel-by-panel adaptation. It is adapting 2-3 chapters per episode.

You also need to consider that if they finish anywhere before the Debut, they will only adapt about 20 chapters and it would have an extremely unsatisfying ending, as it would end just before Emilyko and Kate do the thing they've been working up to until that point. Also, anything too far past the Debut is also unlikely, as the focus of the manga shifts a little and introduces plot points that the anime wouldn't have time to fully explore.

I expect 12-13 full length episodes to be enough for Shadows House to end right after the Debut, specifically, I think the likely end point is
right when Kate undoes Emilyko's brainwashing and tells her that she's a human. A possible second season would pick up at that point.

FOR THOSE NEW TO THE SERIES: read chapter 46 before chapter 45. Those two explain a LOT of things and the order won't really matter in the long run so you don't have to worry about spoiling yourself, BUT I personally think chapter 46 would have been a lot more shocking and impactful if it had come before chapter 45, because chapter 46 is just a "confirmation"of the things revealed in the previous chapter.

It's an advice. Follow if you want. I personally wish the author would have done that.

Dex-chan lover
z5qma1g.jpg

https://twitter.com/somatoma/status/1342123211027169281?s=20
Best girl, as dictated by the author.
Merry Christmas.

aaaaaa i'm really looking forward to the anime!! i really hope they'll stay faithful to the story and don't change up too many things; including the art style and overall tone of the series. i know there'll be changes to the art style, but i hope they won't heavily butcher the very intricate background and clothing designs.
even so, i'm excited to see how this story will be brought to life! <3 yuu sasahara will be voicing emilyko and akari kitou will be voicing kate, so it'd be interesting to see how the two will be able to create contrast while also making them similar to one another (if that makes any sense haha)

Aggregator gang
I'm soo dumb, I just realised that this is the author of Kuro. No wonder it always felt familiar...

@manga_follow_75743857
tbh i've always imagined them with similar-sounding voices so that's why i was sort of expecting them to have voices that sound extremely similar to each other. after re-reading some of the chapters, i don't think i've seen any mention about their voices being the same. so yeah, you're right about that.

omg im so happy that a lot of the manga ive been reading have been getting anime adaptations!! the trailer for this looks really good so far & i like the voices they chose :-DD!!!!! i hope it does the story justice because this manga is really amazing ^^ eee im so excited

Users who are viewing this thread