Shoushaman no Isekai Survival ~ Zettai Hito to wa Tsurumanee ~ - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Yeah like wtf is he apologizing so much for. It would be one thing if he regularly got that drunk. But in this situation getting that drunk at a celebration is fairly normal. Its not like he did anything stupid while drunk ether. I always hated authors who seem to think this sort of thing is "humor"
Also she should be so used to dealing with drunks. Helping him get to the bed in the same building and flop down on it to pass out, that's so mild.
It's possible to have a few drinks in celebration without getting so drunk you can't walk on your own; she was celebrating the same as him but was smart enough to not go overboard. Plus it's honestly just no fun at all having to babysit someone as drunk as him, even (or perhaps especially) when it's something she should be used to from work.

I think him knowing he made a bad decision and apologizing for it is very mature.

Dex-chan lover
It's possible to have a few drinks in celebration without getting so drunk you can't walk on your own; she was celebrating the same as him but was smart enough to not go overboard. Plus it's honestly just no fun at all having to babysit someone as drunk as him, even (or perhaps especially) when it's something she should be used to from work.

I think him knowing he made a bad decision and apologizing for it is very mature.
Sure, a normal apology and saying thanks, not groveling on the floor with her pissed off demanding it. That was far to much. And again its far from a regular thing for him. We also didn't see any babysitting, we saw him need help to his room and he just passed out from there. This left the realm of a good mannered apology and become a feminist power trip.

Dex-chan lover
It was good while it lasted, especially at first. I would have liked more, but better to end than drag on and lose the charm it once had.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah like wtf is he apologizing so much for. It would be one thing if he regularly got that drunk. But in this situation getting that drunk at a celebration is fairly normal. Its not like he did anything stupid while drunk ether. I always hated authors who seem to think this sort of thing is "humor"
Also she should be so used to dealing with drunks. Helping him get to the bed in the same building and flop down on it to pass out, that's so mild.
The thing is, and that's a small change from the novel, the main women in it are hyper controlling.
It was a bit breezed over in the manga version, but the arc where the two other men go to the bar and their wives find out, in the manga it's just played as light humor, but in the novel there's some pretty heavy stalking, privacy invasion, and violence once they find out.
So I'm not so surprised Yurina would react like this from so little.
To be fair though I stopped reading the novel after that particular arc so I don't know if that scene is straight up from it or not.
But yeah, the author loves domestic abuse.

Dex-chan lover
Did the light novel feel this rushed? There were several instances in which the author could have had some real drama had he just drawn out the story arcs a bit farther. This manga is about half the length it should be after all that has happened.

Dex-chan lover
The thing is, and that's a small change from the novel, the main women in it are hyper controlling.
It was a bit breezed over in the manga version, but the arc where the two other men go to the bar and their wives find out, in the manga it's just played as light humor, but in the novel there's some pretty heavy stalking, privacy invasion, and violence once they find out.
So I'm not so surprised Yurina would react like this from so little.
To be fair though I stopped reading the novel after that particular arc so I don't know if that scene is straight up from it or not.
But yeah, the author loves domestic abuse.
Oh jeez, yeah that would get real old real quick. Worst part is how it seem like authors want you to find it funny, so many say its the over the top humor and that its loved in japan, but from what I have seen its hated by the readers there as well, most over the top style comedies getting very bad ratings and a quick axe. Yet authors keep insisting on it like its clever and loved.

whyyyyyyyyyy did we switch from "elsa" to "eruza" after 28 chapters whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
this isn't about leaving in things that make more sense in japanese (like not changing onee into something stupid and completely out-of-place in english like "sis"), it's just switching to engrish over the english that the author was clearly going for and that had been used for 20 something chapters. Fug.

Users who are viewing this thread