Shueisha Issuing Copyright Strikes For All Of Their Titles

https://www.theouterhaven.net/2021/01/shueisha-issuing-copyright-strikes-for-all-of-their-titles/

They have been carpet bombing everything and even got an official artist caught in the crossfire.

Dex-chan lover
Oops,fortunately mangadex gives links to the official website,i dont know why but it seems kodansha doesn't care abt these things,most of the series which i read are frm kodansha and not even one of em hv been under the scammer,bit surprising

Contributor
tenor.gif

Don't worry, it's twitter only. All because new chapter leaks on twitter Afaik, filtered memes are fine.

Group Leader
Seems like someone was drinking too much while working, or just a bot gone out of whack.

My money is on an overzelous bot.
Reminds me of the "audio copyright detecting program" trouble youtubers had (some still have), it would "detect" and strike videos, just because of 1-3 nodes, claiming that it was "stolen from a music track".
I heard of one youtuber, who had an intro, with music and artwork that he had made himself, and the program flagged all his videos, EVERY SINGLE ONE, because less than 0.5 seconds sounded like a song.

I've heard that some Twitter users get stiked my the bot, because of their profile pictures, even though they go under fair use.
I know you can't find and strike everthing manually, but having an over sensitive bot do it, is more harm than good, they could have a bot FIND the pictures in question and then manually say "yes or no".

Contributor
So far, the list of strikes are targeting the following series: One Piece, Bleach, Jujustu Kaisen, Haikyuu!!, Food Wars, Dr Stone, Saiki K, Demon Slayer, Death Note, Kuroko’s Basketball, Boku no Hero Academia, Naruto, Boruto, Dragon Ball, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, and Black Clover.
Of course, this is just the list that’s being given and many other titles not listed could also be targeted.
I'm surprised One Punch Man isn't expressly listed among those title, though as stated, just because it's not in the itemized list doesn't mean it's bot being targeted.

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1348333994308489222 it might be a hoax, and the individual who began all this might not even be related to the manga scene.

EDIT: it has 2 tweets btw, and the second will have a tldr

Users who are viewing this thread