Slime Saint - Ch. 17 - The Three Shields

Dex-chan lover
I was going to say Jelly is a stress eater, but she just seems like a person who would eat regardless of time and day. :ROFLMAO:

So between old Jelly and this new girl, that's 2/3 of the saints being selfish. Celestria really had her work cut out for her.

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the reason the saints seem to all be kinda corrupt.
Is because they are told as children, that they are the only ones that can do a very important task.
Such a thing will go to anyone head, however to a child its permission to do anything you want.
And for a child who hasn't a fully developed brain, it would defiantly end with them being sinful in some form.

Thanks for the translation ToruScans

Dex-chan lover
I like how she's nomming all while narrating stuff.

I like how she tries to get away. But at least she got her bag of cookies.

A monster that appeared. I wonder...

"Was she on bad terms with the previous Jelly?"
Knowing the previous Jelly, it would be a plot twist of Shyamalan proportions otherwise.

"No eating!"
Were she anyone else, I'd say that's something you don't need to say. But she's Jelly, and Jelly is hungry.

She seems about half as bad as the previous Jelly.

The ratio of selfish to selfless saints seems pretty skewed in this world
And Jelly skews it back.

I bet the dark hair saint want to get brownie points from the king to marry the prince or so xD
How about just brownies?

Dex-chan lover
makes sense that another saint would be 'not so nice' even if she isn't as vicious as the OG jelly, more just passive aggressive lol. wonder how long it'll take for her to be converted into the cult of jelly XD
Oooh, I wonder what the new girl is scheming. It's hard to guess considering the only thing we know is that she despises Jelly.
I mean it'd be rarer to find ppl who liked the 'original' one. unless it was like "i'm corrupt but jelly openly tortures ppl so i can get away with my shit under the table" etc

Dex-chan lover
Derpy Jelly makes the world a better place.
aOLUJYa.jpg

Dex-chan lover
lol it would've been cool to see if we would've had a flashback tho maybe celes can tell her , tho i guess jelly wouldn't be thinking 'my memory's fuzzy from an attack' or so
Seeing Jelly nomming on snacks is cute.

Makes me wonder, did the previous Jelly have a good relationship with anyone?!

I'm guessing previous Jelly bullied Ange the worst out of everyone. Might explain Ange's hostility.
apparently she became this way bc of her parents, be interesting to see a 'reunion' assuming she didnt' backstab and get rid of them too

Aggregator gang
The ratio of selfish to selfless saints seems pretty skewed in this world
A Tale of the Secret Saint is like this to where all saints are selfish. It's the same setup too, where a saint is more powerful the more selfless they are. Seems to be, anyway.

Loved the chapter, there's basically at least one joke on every page while still advancing the plot, that's insane. Jelly is either spacing out like an actor when they don't have speaking lines, eating, or being a simpleton.

Users who are viewing this thread