Slime Saint - Ch. 17 - The Three Shields

Dex-chan lover
makes sense that another saint would be 'not so nice' even if she isn't as vicious as the OG jelly, more just passive aggressive lol. wonder how long it'll take for her to be converted into the cult of jelly XD

I mean it'd be rarer to find ppl who liked the 'original' one. unless it was like "i'm corrupt but jelly openly tortures ppl so i can get away with my shit under the table" etc
Would be hilarious to meet a new character who is glad to see Jelly which would be a huge red flag moment.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think she should be surprised anymore if someone hates her (or more like the previous Jelly)

I wonder if the saint's power is bestowed instead of you just being born with it. If the church can choose who gets to be a saint, it would explain why selfish people ended up with the title: corruption.
It also makes sense if they're just born with it depending on the system, girls with great powers, being told ever since very young that they're basically saviors and that the rest of the kingdom depends on them... that's one way to build quite a big ego, even our nicest saintess seems to still have her pride.

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the reason the saints seem to all be kinda corrupt.
Is because they are told as children, that they are the only ones that can do a very important task.
Such a thing will go to anyone head, however to a child its permission to do anything you want.
And for a child who hasn't a fully developed brain, it would defiantly end with them being sinful in some form.

Thanks for the translation ToruScans
Jelly is (IIRC) a nobble outside of being a saint, the new one so far could just really really fucking hate Jelly for no doubt a long list of good reasons and isnt actually a bitch outside that

Dex-chan lover
Would be hilarious to meet a new character who is glad to see Jelly which would be a huge red flag moment.
half expect a relative to show up like "Please step on me, my dearest cousin~" or so XD
I bet the dark hair saint want to get brownie points from the king to marry the prince or so xD
are saints even allowed to 'marry'? tho i guess there's been saint(ess) romance series too

Maybe this new Saint might be involved with the attacks
LOL well, she does seem passive aggressive and saying shit under her breath rather than saying with her whole chest "you're all useless" so i imagine she's still trying to 'present' as a good saint, but eliminating other saints would make more work for her, even if someone as previously 'non contributing like jelly' wouldn't have made a diff if she was gotten rid of

Or her being tricked like Will like "if you get Jelly out of the way i'll guarantee you the best position amongst the other saints"

Dex-chan lover
Glad the children are happy.

The church has their own guard? (Ex. Door guardian) Then why send Celestria to "repair" the wall alone... Unwanted accident sometime happen.

And new girl, ange?, is pretty mess. Is this what you call delinquent with angelic face? she kinda cute...

Dex-chan lover
Saying she's selfish is probably a bit premature, but certainly she has a bad personality. Her reaction to trying to get tout of this could be 100% centered on Jelly.

That being said, the previous Jelly was certainly extreme enough to also probably provoke normal people to their own extremes. Celestria turned out OK after some reflection, didn't she?

I'm amazed how fast she grabbed up a doggie bag of the cookies when it seems as if Celestria hauled her away without warning, lmao.

Hm...its probably just for aesthetics, but with 3 saints it's now also clear each has a different gem tied around their neck. Maybe it indicates some kind of hierarchy, or limited number of saint candidates...or it's just for stylistic reasons.

Dex-chan lover
The ratio of selfish to selfless saints seems pretty skewed in this world
to be fair, Celestia really work her best as a saint, this piece of work on the other hand looks like she is in for status only. that also maybe the reason why she hates Jelly cause former Jelly kinda same i guess

Dex-chan lover
are saints even allowed to 'marry'? tho i guess there's been saint(ess) romance series too
It's rare that they aren't. They'd probably want to continue their lineages, and in most mangas they end up being engaged to princes or heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread