Slime Saint - Ch. 9 - A Tea Party Invitation

Dex-chan lover
A normal church in a world where holy magic is real, can come with all kinds of interesting plot hooks too. From "friendly" rivalries between senior priests with different interpretations of the doctrine, to crusading for holy artifacts, to needing people who will make sure the church's charitable works go well.
But I guess Japanese authors find it hard to imagine them.
They just dislike organized religion for lots of historical reasons. Hell, even all the new "cults" that keep appearing there are distrusted by basically anyone outside them regardless of anything they do.

Dex-chan lover
Will: Saints also maintain the effect of barriers to keep monsters from entering towns.
Jelly: I can do something similar with my slime abilities.
giphy.webp
I get the sense that she doesn't know what a barrier is...

Dex-chan lover
Are the barriers even real?
An image that popped into my mind was that of a T-800 Terminator who unlike other machines could travel in time thanks to its organic exterior.
Maybe the revived Jelly can counteract the barrier due to being part fleshbag and/or because of the mimicked blood?
They just dislike organized religion for lots of historical reasons.
This is fine, but some variety in the type of villainy could be nice. Stuff like zealous Templars, political chessmaster cardinals, or troublesome heretics.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"Barriers to keep monsters from entering towns." He said to a slime who has taken over the body of a human.
Are the barriers even real?

A normal church in a world where holy magic is real, can come with all kinds of interesting plot hooks too. From "friendly" rivalries between senior priests with different interpretations of the doctrine, to crusading for holy artifacts, to needing people who will make sure the church's charitable works go well.
But I guess Japanese authors find it hard to imagine them.
So.. Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence? :D I honestly do appreciate them painting the different colors of idea of saints and churches :) As simple and cute the story is on the surface

Contributor
The part about the Saint maintaining barriers is something she can't fake so easily like healing. She should be more worried about that. There's this feeling like she's naively walking straight into a lion's den with visiting Celestria. But Jelly the 2nd isn't a normal human either, and it could be interesting if Celestria were to notice something.

Fed-Kun's army
I like to imagine the OG Saint is still around. I like the idea that maybe a maid or some peasant villager girl dies, and the MC puts her into that body. I love the idea of evil Saint now being a peasant. Not old enough to really work, and now having to get by, maybe have her eventually find a path to salvation by the MC who sees her and has her become a maid.

Then again, would be funny to see the Saint rage and get mad at someone possessing her body, and being treated as a low class person.

Dex-chan lover
It feels strange going on manga hiatus and reading a webnovel about a human turned into a slime girl, coming back to a slime who became a human.

Users who are viewing this thread