Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Ch. 152 - That's Gotta Count For Something, Dad!

Dex-chan lover
There is a law called right to try where terminally ill patients can get access to untested experimental drugs because the worst that could happen is that they would die, but if they don't they would die anyways. Using that experimental drug has the possibility of actually helping them.

Now as this guy is kind of in charge of the project he could also try to enroll his wife as a patient in one of the clinical trials itself, I've not tried to do that so I don't know how difficult that would be but it should be well within the realm of possibilities for at least stage 3 trials, maybe even stage 2.

There was a clinical trial for an hiv drug where the participants (who had hiv) shared the drug with their friends who only got a placebo which made a mess of the trials do its not like there's no way to get her the drug.

Dex-chan lover
It's their mother, Rena. And since all her daughters (will) look like their mother, according to everyone who met their mother, this is what all quintuplets (will) look like.

On a chapter: was it not possible to administer the early version of the drug to his wife, even though clinical trials were not finished yet?
Organizations have been trying to get "Right to try" laws enacted for this very reason. If there is a drug that is used overseas, but has not cleared FDA for some reason, people with life threatening diseases should be able to attempt treatment using experimental drugs. Not sure why the gov is so against this? You can have yourself euthanized, but you can take some experimental meds to save your life. Seems so counterintuitive as if they want people to die.

Dex-chan lover
So you are telling me this guy would rather see his wife die than throw away his career and give her the drug himself?
The bread comes first I guess
If he goes to jail, what happens to his son? And yes he would go to jail, get fired, face exorbitant fines. People talk about killing someone if they harm their children, but the same thing comes into play. You have to let the law takes its course and still be available for your kids. Say you killed the person that harmed your child, how is that child going to be comforted by you while you are ion prison and your family has to deal with the lack of income. It is a helpless, choking feeling to want to end someones life, but knowing so many other lives will be affected. Sorry to get serious. I wan not planning to process any deep seated trauma today.

Dex-chan lover
If he goes to jail, what happens to his son? And yes he would go to jail, get fired, face exorbitant fines. People talk about killing someone if they harm their children, but the same thing comes into play. You have to let the law takes its course and still be available for your kids. Say you killed the person that harmed your child, how is that child going to be comforted by you while you are ion prison and your family has to deal with the lack of income. It is a helpless, choking feeling to want to end someones life, but knowing so many other lives will be affected. Sorry to get serious. I wan not planning to process any deep seated trauma today.
Idk worked out fine for that one guy that shot his sons karate teacher

Dex-chan lover
The mom with long-term thinking. Her words supporting the dad through so many years. Thank goodness he listened and didn't give up. It counts for so, so much. More than he could ever know. I hope he will eventually come to realize that.

Also that meme recommendation page :meguusmug:. I like my dark humor, but fuck you scanlators (and keep up the good work)! :angery::kek: And those do happen to be good reads.

I just realized all those post-chapter recommended series involve dead mothers one way or another lol

Yeah well the alternative is her 100% dying so
The issue why this isn't done even with this consideration is the larger implication. If we allowed giving out drugs just for that reason, then you open up the potential for abuse. Suddenly there's now a market for human test subjects that may not really be consenting but because they happen to be dying they become eligible to become lab rats.

If you allowed even one person to get through the rules, you set a precedent. Not everyone has justifiable reasons to want experimental drugs.

Dex-chan lover
There is a law called right to try where terminally ill patients can get access to untested experimental drugs because the worst that could happen is that they would die, but if they don't they would die anyways. Using that experimental drug has the possibility of actually helping them.

Now as this guy is kind of in charge of the project he could also try to enroll his wife as a patient in one of the clinical trials itself, I've not tried to do that so I don't know how difficult that would be but it should be well within the realm of possibilities for at least stage 3 trials, maybe even stage 2.

There was a clinical trial for an hiv drug where the participants (who had hiv) shared the drug with their friends who only got a placebo which made a mess of the trials do its not like there's no way to get her the drug.
Different jurisdictions have different laws. No idea what Japanese law is or was 10 years ago. Also fiction.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, that's painful. Dad tried his best to save Mom, but the tests took too long. That's why he was always working hard in the U.S. He wanted to somehow at least save all the other people suffering from her disease.

But Kaoru says his efforts weren't for nothing! He did his best, and he has helped people! And now Dad remembers that's what Mom wanted to. And now he can smile again.

Yeah well the alternative is her 100% dying so
It wouldn't only be that. She would be dying, he would go to jail, the company would be charged a hefty fine, presumably with people in top positions are being held responsible, hence delaying the trial. The son then would be all alone, receiving abuse from the neighbors, with no money to support his life.

Dex-chan lover
It wouldn't only be that. She would be dying, he would go to jail, the company would be charged a hefty fine, presumably with people in top positions are being held responsible, hence delaying the trial. The son then would be all alone, receiving abuse from the neighbors, with no money to support his life.
Like half of that is conjecture lmao

Users who are viewing this thread