Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 99

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
I am incredibly curious how this will work out for them in the end. This photoshoot will thrust both of them into otaku stardom.

Obviously Kitagawa is going to get a ton of followers and become a famous face amongst cosplayers for quite some time. Not to mention how this has put a spotlight on Gojo's artistry. He'll quite likely will be asked by a lot of other cosplayers for custom made costumes.
Is this going to cause drama or can we finally have some fluff again?
I am definitely craving the latter after Gojo's last descent into near madness to get this particular costume finished.
Final chapter: Make the author made seggs canon and then make Kitagawa a star.

Contributor
the last 2 chapters feels like 2.5D Seduction in nutshell
At least 2.5D Seduction gets on with the scene both because the biweekly update and that it doesn't really need to spend an entire chapter on pure introspection. It feels more active because there's an entire dynamic with an opposing cosplayer or there's some overall mission like getting the attention of a mangaka dad or dealing with a kouhai's existential crisis.
Here its all about Gojo's and Marin's relationship but while each chapter isn't as bad binge wise, taken on a monthly basis I can see where it seems really slow (cause it kinda can be).

Dex-chan lover
I think this will read better in the volume release
waiting a month for what on the surface feels like more of what we got last month isn't a good feeling
but a pause after the high is the right call from a writing perspective

one of the curses of reading a serial release

Marin dreamed herself getting rejected, which motivated her to confess, but it led to nothing yet.

Gojo just realised he is jelous over other people watching Marin (metaphorically self cucking himself), but I doubt he will do anything towards getting together with Marin as he still looks down on himself, so he will likely try to distamce himself from her for like the next 5 chapters.

And then a new girl will show up to create a risk of stealing Gojo and we will be stuck in a triangle or more for the next year or 2

I hope I'm wrong
I've seen other manga do this kinda shit and it's frustrating.....:aquadrink:

Supporter
I feel like the crowd growing, which forces him further and further away, is a metaphor for how he’s feeling she’s going to slip away. Like she’s going to a place that he can’t follow and doesn’t belong. I think he’s going to leave and she’ll chase after him.
I would go a bit further, their cosplaying relationship was going as good as their own private relationship, but now a very big wedge got in between that could break them apart. Fame.

Gojo might need to accept that he makes her that awesome looking because of skill and Marin is so much more awesome because of his skill.

Gojo is “Haniel’s devil”, and she doesnt give two fucks about the public being mesmerized, she cares about being Haniel FOR “her devil”, she is pondering how good her cosplay is while thinking about him. The cosplay’s backstory is indeed reflecting in their RL of the character completely at that point.

Two things would make sense here, depending on the perspective:

1) Gojo walks away from there asap, being overwhelmed by the dark feelings he has/Marin gets a bit overwhelmed and wants to rest, and notices that Gojo is gone.

2) Gojo stays but he is completely bitter and behaves like a hurt bitch towards her.

I really hope the second doesnt happen xD.

Dex-chan lover
I came for a fluffy rom com with high level cosplay elements, and instead got no romance and a bunch of cosplay for years. I really don't care what these photographers have to say, especially while gojo is spiraling. This would be so much better if they were just a couple.

I'll check in a few months from now and hope that there's been progress :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
damn people really hating on this chapter but I feel like this is Fukuda Shinichi in her peak form, how she really wants to write without editorial influenced panty shots and lewd outfits
The problem is that the serialization pace changed, but not the chapter pacing. So content that once would take a month to cover now takes 4, which makes the pacing glacial, especially if there are moment being repeated for emphasis. I had to go back and check if I read this chapter before, because the reactions to the cosplay are exactly the same as the last chapter.

In the end you have npc reation, Gojo reaction, npc reaction again, other named characters reacting, wind down, then characters reacting to pictures of the cosplay because they weren't there, is this a manga or an XQC stream? This would be fine if we didn't get 1.5 chapters per month at most when compared to when the pacing was great.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I came for a fluffy rom com with high level cosplay elements, and instead got no romance and a bunch of cosplay for years. I really don't care what these photographers have to say, especially while gojo is spiraling. This would be so much better if they were just a couple.

I'll check in a few months from now and hope that there's been progress :meguuusad:
I actually dropped it for a year to see this.

Users who are viewing this thread