Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 102

Dex-chan lover
Oh don't get me wrong, i agree with you.
I would use the arguement that she is still a teenager so she might not think rationally but she is also the one to tell Goujou to cut the bullshit and say it straight (paraphrasing ofcourse) but i guess the mangaka kinda forgot she said that, like many things
I don't think that's as much as a problem as you said, people say hypocritical stuffs all the time thinking it was easy.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand the amount of hate Marin's getting this chapter. She's a teenager whose dad scolded her into going to pay a formal visit to people he's never met immediately after learning that she's apparently gotten so close to this family that they regularly feed her and provide her with outfits that are such high quality that celebrities are raving about it on social media. Yeah, she gets to see her crush on New Years, but her dad is there the entire time, nagging her about everything from her manners to her cooking skills, which she obviously thinks are just fine. He obviously doesn't get what she's into and even goes so far as to call her fave's outfit a dress. It's all super embarrassing!! Whether Marin is worried about having being ignored at the con or actually deeply annoyed by it, having to sit through her dad being totally uncool (or worse: being someone who can't appreciate just how incredible her faves are??) a n d making her sound like some kid who can barely look after herself would definitely override everything else she might be thinking about.

I think Marin's dad's reaction was great, personally. He may have been awkward and lame in her eyes but she still talked to him about her cosplaying suddenly blowing up. And her dad could obviously tell that the partnership she and Gojou have going on is a big deal, and he took it seriously. He may not understand why Marin cares about these characters so much but he does understand that she's met someone who cares very deeply about her, or else he wouldn't have made costumes that fit her so perfectly. And I think Gojou's reaction to her dad's request was also perfectly fitting for his age, because even if he acts mature, he's still a kid who hasn't yet processed his feelings for Marin. Of course he's going to politely agree to keep feeding her, what else could she possibly need?

The writing's still good. I don't think Marin's totally out of character. It's just a slow burn romance between two not-so-experienced teenagers. They'll get there.
This. I'm just enjoying the ride where ever it takes me

Fed-Kun's army
Marin's dad likes Wakana:
Me: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Series going on "short" hiatus:
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Dex-chan lover
everyone got thriller about Father approval but here im glad Marin noticed Gojou when he make that face.

it just matter of time at this point.
LET'S GOOOOO

Dex-chan lover
I feel bait-and-switch'ed. I wanted to know what the drama was about and see some progress, and they suddenly dropped a wholesome meet-the-family comedic chapter. I don't dislike it, but it feels totally out of place.
And now we've got to wait for a while due to hiatus.

Dex-chan lover
Marriage arc next?
Like, they solve the problem if they just propose to each other, right?

Aggregator gang
Let's be optimistic. Author is taking a break because she worked on second season of anime.

Dex-chan lover
I can see where Marin gets here energy from, this chapter has been a riot.
I can't wait for volume 13 to come out, I'll purchase it as soon as the English version comes out.

Aggregator gang
I am not mad at what is happening btw just how poorly it is done and handled due to being so overly forced.

It might be realistic- if they were cosplay friends. She sees him as THE love interest. He just finished the best cosplay ever, just for her personally, her reaction to it was rather flat and now when he VISIBLY is hurt and in pain and she knows he is feeling SOMETHING negative, she says "just ignore it, lol" "btw I got some nice offers! sheesh!".. Author can't have her be so over the top in love to act like she did the recent dozen chapters.

Author is messing up BIG times. Massive fuck up.
Agreed, its kinda making me lose interest. But I'm too invested after over 100 chapters. I'm happy for her and her success but where is the creative direction? Right now the manga as a whole is all over the place.

Dex-chan lover
I guess the drama and nore importantly its resolution isn't going to happen soon. We'll have some chapters where everything seems to be back to normal and then, when the time is right we'll see what exactly is going through Gojo's mind, with Marin totally unprepared to handle it since she chose to ignore the situation. Which in some ways make the previous arc even worse since we aren't getting an immediate payback.
It also seems we shouldn't expect romantic development anytime soon.

Supporter
...no, Gojo, when her dad said he wants you to feed her your miso soup every day, he meant it METAPHORICALLY.

Dex-chan lover
I’m starting to think it’s a combination of a lot of things that got gojou upset. All the attention marin had but also he feels the outfit could have been a lot better, marin had the cosplay down but seeing it in person he began to see the short falls in it and felt more and more upset. And he isn’t understanding that he lives Marin so he is even harsher on himself.
Marin also does need to talk to gojou about it. But I guess she’d be scared since she herself knows she loves him so she is scared of the reason he was upset being he doesn’t want to do cosplay outfits together anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread