Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 116 - Return Magic

Dex-chan lover
Well, looks like it's not gonna be as simple to get back to her time..

But she needs to, Fern is waiting for her.

I like how in these chapters, her interactions with her former teammates seem like there's more to it. Probably, all the regret from not knowing them as well in the future.

Group Leader
Anyone know what's going on with this series? New chapters used to be like weekly but it's slowed down a bit. This arc feels like it's been going on all year. Is it the scan group or are the raws actually slow now?
They're actually caught up to the Raws.

I'm pretty sure that 3 of those demons are ones that Frieren and the others killed in the future. I guess she was responsible for kicking the shit out of them enough to weaken them for 50+ years.

Dex-chan lover
Komm, süßer Tod?

In Frieren's case I'd say it's more likely:

DontFearTheReaper.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, wonder if the past will be changed or not. Solitar survive till the future, but doubt Frieren will let her go if they ever clash now.

Dex-chan lover
Mahou Shoujo Miraculous Grausam appeared in Macht's memories back in chapter 89. He appears at some point later to erase Macht's memories of fighting the Southern Hero, which for obvious reasons we don't see.

Rivale and Tod are both mentioned in chapter 95, when Frieren is teaching Fern about killing demons.

Nobody has ever survived to report on Solitär, which means if the hero party encounters her they'll either choose not to report on her to preserve the timeline or get their memories wiped.

EDIT:
It is possible MSMG being a memory-wiper was a bluff, since they knew Frieren would see those memories. Assuming the identity of the memory-wiper wasn't already public knowledge.

More concretely, Rivale resembles the demon that murdered Stark's village in chapter 26.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread